Feb 13, 2011

Love Hurts Mock War Instructions

Share:

UPDATE:  Due to the overwhelming amount of participants, not all players are on the spreadsheets yet. They will be updated. Remember this is all for fun.  Happy Icing!

The Love Hurts Mock War is underway and the two teams have been created.  They are the Heart Breakers and the Killer Cupids.  To review the rules of conduct during a war, go HERE.
Heart Breakers
Killer Cupids
Many of you have questions about what to do.  This is all new to me as well so we can learn together. The first thing you need to do is sign up (1). Instructions on how to do that can be found HERE.  Once you have fill out the sign up form, wait a little until the admin add you to the spread sheet.  If you already registered, your name should already be on the spreadsheet. Now go to this spreadsheet link and find out what team you are on.  Scroll through the list of names, locate yours and click on it.
You will then see the name of your team.  I'm on the Heart Breakers.
Now go HERE and copy the avatar of the team you are on.
If you haven't changed your Facebook profile before, it's easy to do. Choose the correct avatar for your team, right click and select Save As to save it on your computer.
Now go to your current profile picture, hover your mouse over it until you see "Change Picture" and click on it.
Now Choose File and select your newly saved avatar picture and your done.
Now you need to know who to attack.  Go to this discussion thread to get your attack list.
Here is the spreadsheet link that the Heart Breakers will use.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Amy8cMZRb2LWdGVtamF6N3dmZzJjNjZKTkg3aWx4N2c&hl=en&authkey=CPvD9ucN
And here is the spreadsheet link that the Killer Cupids will use.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Amy8cMZRb2LWdEM4WkhhanF4ME1FUmdILVdlTlRRbWc&hl=en&authkey=CKPY7oMH

The purpose of a war is to ice people on the opposing team.  Since I'm on the Heart Breakers, I will take a look at the list of targets and find someone I can ice.  Simply scroll through the list to find someone at a level you think you can beat.  The scroll bar is at the very far right of the page.  There is also no harm to red icing as an ice is an ice.  For those of you who don't know this term, it means to attack someone who you can't beat over and over until you do enough damage to ice them.
I selected El Rizmano and I got my ass kicked so it's on to the next target.
Many times I found the target was in my mafia so I can't attack them.
I found someone I could beat that wasn't in my mafia but they are already iced so I need to keep searching.  If you don't get the "Attack Again" or "Power Attack" button, move on.
I finally found a target who was alive but someone beat me to the ice! When the Attack Again button disappears, you're not getting the ice and it's time to move on again.
Finally, I found a target and got an ice! It was quite exciting when I did because I worried someone else would get them before me.
Now is the fun part.  When you get the Ice pop-up, copy the post that is generated when you click "Share with Friends".
Go to the Love Hurts Mock War Fan Page Wall and paste the news in the status and click share.
Now all the participants will see the great work that you did.
Now just keep it going until tomorrow at 11:59.  Prizes will be announced on Monday.  As long as you signed up for the event you will be eligible to get one.  It's not to late to sign up!

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

3 comments:

  1. I cannot post my ices, because I cannot "like" that new page. I get this msg http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1834450909365&set=a.1513881415328.2068182.1483213918&theater - no matter how many fan pages I leave, I still cannot join any new pages.. sucks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think attacking people in your mafia is ok when it's a mock war. Just add them back after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. had the same problem there was a few of my mafia as rivals

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.