Feb 17, 2011

Egyptiology Crates

Share:

We have a new type of crate in the Marketplace called Egyptology Crates. Egyptology is the study of ancient Egyptian history so I assume we will see Egyption looking items in the crates.
Find these Crates in the Marketplace under the Crates tab. Egyptology Crates are available singularly or you can get a package of three.
Click the little question mark to see what's inside.
Click on each image to see the stats. I really wish they would list the stats on the pop-up so we wouldn't have to click on each image. From a sales point of view, I would assume they would make this task as easy as possible.  These items are cool looking and have the highest stats of any Crate items we've seen in the past.

Common Items
Uncommon Items
Rare Items
I couldn't resist and bought 3 of them for 35 Reward Points.  I have a 10% chance times 3 to get one of the rare items.  Of course I didn't get one of them and got 2 common items. This is why I rarely but loot items from the Marketplace! I won't fall for the trap and buy another round in hopes of getting a rare item and I hope you don't either.
Mike Nestor is a collector so he was determined to get a Lion and was successful on the second try. Here is what he got.  Now I'm tempted to try again!

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

7 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to get 1 common/ 1 un common/ 1 rare :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i purchased a set of 3 and got 2 common, 1 uncommon, but for me they all three helped my stats so I'm pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore marketplace loot. I am sticking to it...but I do WANT WANT WANT. I guess this is what I diet is like :( <--- should try that some day

    I made it passed the steampunks...I can do this...does anyone want to start a NO SPEND RP ON LOOT support group?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Three Egyptology Crates contained some awesome stuff!
    Nefertitis Flail [86/59]
    Nefertitis Flail
    86 Attack
    59 Defense
    Sun Spider [61/85]
    Sun Spider
    61 Attack
    85 Defense
    Scythe Chariot [80/80]
    Scythe Chariot
    80 Attack
    80 Defense

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hover over the items, the att & def will pop up. At least they do for me. Using Firefix 4.0.
    http://on.fb.me/edvikE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't resist.
    First set of 3 was mask/lion/spider!!
    Bought another and got flail/chariot/cultist.

    So you can get really lucky. If only my luck held for daily chance or the slots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amenhoteps Khopesh
    49 Attack
    82 Defense


    Amon Ras Barge
    82 Attack
    45 Defense


    Anubian Cultist
    76 Attack
    76 Defense


    Concealable Camera


    Untraceable Cell Phone


    Politico Corrupto


    Set of Illegal Transaction Records


    Concealable Camera


    Computer Set-Up


    Politico Corrupto


    Set of Blackmail Photos


    Computer Set-Up


    Tripwire


    Semi-Pro Boxer


    Sting Grenade


    Injunction


    Motion Detector


    Corporate Muscle


    Shave & A Haircut


    Flaming Shot


    Sandbag Wall


    Blowfish Dart


    Extra Pair of Eyes


    Hot Coffee


    Alarm System


    Handy Man

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.