Feb 9, 2011

Brawler Version 4.3

Share:

We all were lost without Brawler the other day when Zynga messed with the Attack buttons.  Arun quickly got to work and it's now working and even better than it was before.  Arun thanked Team Spockholm for the temporary fix and Brawler version 4.3 was introduced on the Mafia Task Force Forums.
We now have more control over what it does and what it logs. If you already have version 4.2 installed, you shouldn't need to do anything else. If not, go to http://codeoutpost.com/?page_id=33 and drag "Brawler" to your bookmark toolbar and start fighting!  If you haven't used this tool yet, review my article for the basics (1).  There have been a few updates since that was written but I'll cover the new features of Version 4.3 here. The first thing you will notice is this version is more polished and has a sleeker look to it.
Some features have been added to help you tailor when the fight list will be refreshed.
Refresh Fightlist after attacking __ targets on Fightlist: Select a number of targets that seems to go with your current fightlist. During busy times, you often get fightlists that look like this.  No sense in having Brawler check a fightlist like this for living targets. Adjust the number of targets it will attack before refreshing to get a new fightlist.
Refresh Fightlist after Losing to __ consecutive targets: We've all run into fightlists that are full of targets that are much stronger than we are. Now you can select a number of consecutive losses to ensure that you don't attack all the living targets on a very strong fightlist.
You can now choose what you want Brawler to log and what you don't. There is so much useless crap that we get from fighting so it's nice to filter all that out. Click on the "Logging Options" button.
Here are all the options of the things you can chose to be logged.
In the run posted below, I turned on the post links for Ices, Stashes and Coins. I can go back when my run is over and post the things I want.  I don't post my ices but it's nice to post Secret Stashes as when they work it helps your mafia members.  To get to this log, simply click on the yellow Ices/Stashes/Coins link (providing that you checked for it to be logged). Then click on the link of the post you want generated.
Since I could care less about how many loot items I acquire that do nothing for my overall attack and defense score, I want to select attack and defense numbers of the loot that will help me. A little trick I use to get this number without having to calculate it myself is to go to the Mafia Wars Helper Analyzer (http://www.mwhelper.com/).  You will find an elaborate array of statistics about your character but to get the number that I will program into Brawler, I scroll to the bottom of each category (weapon, armor, vehicle and animal) and look for the part that says "Don't waste Reward Points on items that don't have at least Attack: __ or Defense __".
Since 57 and 55 are the lowest attack and defense numbers for my character, any equipment with lower stats is useless to me. Useless loot will still be logged as the categories are grouped into one but this will prevent a large majority of loot from being logged.
If you select "Log Targets", you will get a list with all the links of the targets you attacked. Personally, I don't really care about this but a lot of players who like to analyze their fights will appreciate it.  Click on any of the links and you will be directed to their Mafia Wars profile page.  Attack your target to get all of the fight statistics.
Here is a short run of about 2K stamina. You can see I have a lot less loot to look through. I do notice that none of the FHEL4 dropped.
Here are my numbers of FHEL after this run. I'll do another run to determine if this decline in drop rate is a Zynga issue or a logging issue.  Stay tuned.


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

13 comments:

  1. "Don't waste Reward Points on items that don't have at least Attack: __ or Defense __". I am not agree on that cause mwhelper suggest also for future.. just take real numbers from Inventory filter (not using by att or def)

    Margus Maki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brawler just wont work for me keeps stating:No matches on the fightlist with set criteria, trying again in 3 seconds..
    I have altered the player levels/mafia family in every which way and there are lots of players i could attack on most pages!
    Any advice would be appreciated TY

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Margus.. I don't know, it seems MWHelper is pretty accurate. If it says an item will make my stat go up 1 point, I get it, and it GOES UP ONE POINT!

    As far as the Inventory Filter, I've seen people get rid of common items, and the common bar gets larger (not smaller).. What the heck?!

    Also, mwhelper analyzer will tell you what items to get rid of that will NOT affect your stats. The one time hot and heavy Railguns: I've given them away with NO effect on my stats. Thank YOU MWHelper Analyzer!


    Walt D in LV

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree that mwhelper is good and helpful.. but in some cases it fails (lack of update) so i always (if i am cleaning my stuff) compare it with inventory and also after attack and defense to see what i am using
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorting what is logged is not a very technical thing, that's just how I chose to set my numbers at. Honestly all I really care about is seeing the FHEL4 so I could just use the bottom stats. I had the helper open so chose to go that route. There is no wrong way to do it and some may want to see all of their loot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went from 100+ ices per 1000 stam before update down to 3 ices per 1000 stam. Going back to fighting by hand as i collected almost nothing for loot either. Im not a n00b so it isnt a setting problem, everyone in my group is experiencing the same issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the same bad drop rate for FHEL4 all day, and not is a log isue, they are really dont dropping now :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have not seen a single FHEL4 for three days now. They don't drop anymore for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fhel4 are dropping from me. I just go 20 fhel4 items from 2900 fights
    14x [FHEL4] (75 30) Golden Poison Frog
    2x [FHEL4] (74 35) Tainted Blades
    4x [FHEL4] (74 37) Toxic Gas Scrubber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had any new loot drop for the last 2 days. 1200 stamina wasted a couple times now. Back to killing manually until Arun fines a fix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a 1500k run last night and did NOT have ANY FHEL4 drop, but I had 30 weapons parts and a lot of build parts I had only sporadically seen drop before. Suspension coils, bulletproof glass, etc. This morning I did about 3 1000+ runs with, again, NO FHEL4 dropping. I'm still icing and I'm collecting more money per run, but I'm like Jen....GIVE ME THE FHEL4!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FHEL4 is dropping again. I just did a small 700 stam run because of the loot not dropping. This is what I got:
    2x [FHEL4] (75 30) Golden Poison Frog
    2x [FHEL4] (74 35) Tainted Blades
    1x [FHEL4] (75 34) Venomous
    1x [FHEL4] (74 37) Toxic Gas Scrubber

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a problem that when u attack someone with the new mafia family tag in his name the brawler stops working.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.