Dec 16, 2010

Is the Treasure Isle Promotion Over?

Share:

This should not come as a surprise to anybody but a lot of players didn't realize that the Treasure Isle cross game promotion is officially over. We were told in the last installment of the Release Notes that it would end on December 15th which was yesterday.
The Tiki Mask icon is still on top of our game headers but many players are saying they are not getting the refills anymore.
I checked on my account and the Tiki Mask was still there so I went ahead and clicked on it.  I got the start the promo pop-up.
I dug up 3 Treasure Chests.
And was really surprised that I got a stamina refill!  Mike Nestor tried it out too but he didn't get one. Maybe they are "slowly" taking it away and some players are still able to get it.  I'll try again in 16 hours!

If you are no longer getting your stamina refills, the best thing to do is block or remove the application and you will no longer be annoyed with anything Treasure Isle related on your Facebook request page.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

8 comments:

  1. dear mwlootlady,

    whenever you initially opened TI and get the welcome splashscreen did you get the Mafia Wars stamina refill message saying you would have to dig up 3 treasures and be at least a level 5 player?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous, yes, if you look at the screen shots you will see it. All of those were taken today from my account. Other players are not having the same outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the misunderstanding, the big bluish colored message that you have a picture is not the one to which i was referring (that one is from MW), there is another message that i normally get along with a bunch of other TI messages right when i get to the "home" island... I no longer get that message, i still get all other messages just not the stamina refill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I don't recall, there were so many pop-ups cause I haven't done it in a while. I think it was there but I'm not 100% sure. Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. jo (Misty Meanor in MW)December 16, 2010 at 4:46 PM

    i got the mw popup but not the ingame ti popup. no boost 4 me >:/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was still able to get the ingame pop up..dug up 4 treasures and nada. I knew the end date, just wished they removed the darn icon in MW. Still, I was hoping :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kinda sucks because new players won't get it. I was using the refill everyday. They should allow the refill but get rid of the mask. It helps other players and it gets some people, like me, to play or just test there other games.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.