Dec 1, 2010

Mission-a-Nator

Share:

The Doofenshmirtz saga continues over at Team Spockholm with the introduction of the Mission-a-Nator.  This bookmarklet will generate small links for all your unfinished missions.
To start using the Mission-a-Nator today, follow the instructions below.  If you are new to using bookmarklet programs, review my articles on Bookmarklet Installation and Common Problems.  If you are scared to use bookmarklets, please review my article on the Zynga and Facebook TOS.  Remember all scripts are "Use At Your Own Risk".  If you don't abuse them and follow the script writers recommendations, you should be ok.  I wrote that article back in July and much hasn't changed since then.

1.  Go to the Spockholm Mafia Tools Beta Page and locate the Mission-a-Nator Beta bookmarklet.
2.  Click, drag and drop Mission-a-Nator Beta into your bookmarklet tool bar.  While your there also do this for the Mission Link bookmarklet which can also be used to get a mission link.
3.  Go to your Mafia Wars game and unframe it using the Unframe-MW bookmarklet which can be found on the Spockholm Mafia Tools Stable Page.  If you did it right, all the Facebook framing will be gone and your Mafia Wars game will be surrounded in black space.
4.  In an unframed game, go to your My Mafia Missions page.  This will not work on your My Missions page so don't go there.

5.  Select the url shortening service you would like to use and click on "Make Tinyurl" located next to each of your missions.
If you have more than one page of uncompleted missions, simply click on the arrow in the game to get to the next page and those missions will be added.
6.  When all of your missions are loaded and links are generated, copy and paste them to your Facebook wall.  They will then spam the news feeds and you should be able to get the help you need to collect your rewards and clear those missions off your page.
 7.  The next time you use this bookmarklet, your missions along with their status will be stored for you.
8.  To remove missions from the Mission-a-Nator, click on "Clean Cookie" located in the upper left hand corner.  Those Team Spockholm guys never miss an opportunity for a joke and you will be told "No cookie for you!" when this action is completed.
If you want the long links, use the Mission Link bookmarklet I suggested you to grab earlier in this article.

1.  From an unframed My Mafia Missions page, click on Mission Link once and you will see the word "Link" appear.
2.  Right click on "Link" and select Copy link location or address (depending on which browser you are using).
3.  Go to your Facebook page and post it.


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

6 comments:

  1. Can these links be posted on my other profile to get them done as well? On my original profile, I barely have any people playing MW, trying to keep it as legit as possible. On my MW profile, I use it more as my farming account, if you will.

    So I guess what I'm asking is, can I get help on missions for my original account if I post the links created by this bookmarklet on my other account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, anybody that clicks on them can help. It doesn't matter if they are in your mafia or the initiators mafia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why isn't there one for your own missions yet? Sometimes the mission doesn't publish

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT article; very helpful. Thanks so much for this information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great place to post unfinished missions if you want to complete them in minutes is http://www.facebook.com/MWOperations

    ReplyDelete
  6. None of this makes sense to me

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.