Dec 14, 2010

Mastery Has Changed! in Las Vegas

Share:

If you go to Las Vegas and click on the jobs tab, you will get a pop-up letting you know that "Mastery has changed!".  This is how Las Vegas was suppose to be once Italy was launched.  It's actually a very good thing because now you won't need to complete all the paths to master a tier. Fighters can do the stamina jobs and energy accounts can stick to energy and everybody should be happy.
My energy account only has 101 stamina so mastering Las Vegas at 100% would have taken me forever.
When you lose a fight while performing a stamina job, you only get half of the intended mastery.  In this example, I lost and only got 5%.  You can also see here that one of my energy saving boosts was used when I certainly didn't need it!  I talked about this bug a long time ago and I guess it hasn't been fixed.
I'm not going to win too many fights with an attack score of 33!
Once and a while I'll find someone I can beat and you can see here I got 10% mastery for this fight job.
With the mastery change now working, all I needed to do was blow through all the energy jobs of this tier and beat the boss.
Once this happened, all my jobs were reset to 0% mastery and I was on the next tier.  I didn't need to complete any of the stamina jobs to move on. This is the exact same system as in Italy and my energy account likes it a lot!


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

8 comments:

  1. So what about compensation for those whom had to complete every tier? Would be nice to get a refund all that extra stamina and energy wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still best to complete all the jobs for the skill points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You only have an attack score of 33?

    LOLz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would strongly recommend you get at least 300 stamina, if only for the missions.

    Grinding through all the tiers take a long time, esp with low stamina, but the skill points are worth it; they are one of the hardest things to acquire. This is especially true on bronze/silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think this is a good idea...
    cause i don't want to lose that skill point when you master 1 job
    back to the old time, you can finish the boss first and finish other job later...
    : ))
    hmm....so right now,i got to finish all job before finish the boss...
    Zynga want to slow us down

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was shocked to see when logging in that all jobs in Vegas became Mastered automatically w/o me even fighting a boss after the change to reset the tier. Now all the low energy jobs have increased and I have to repurchase all the consumables to level a tier. WTF? Not very happy about this move. The new pop up should of been the final warning you of your choice..not to retroactively Master your tier because you beat a boss 2 months ago...BS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hvedeknoppen {STYRER}December 15, 2010 at 11:09 AM

    @4tran
    300 stamina - 101 stamina (see pic.) = 199 skillpoints needed . You only get 76 skillpoints from mastering fighting jobs in Vega. Bad deal to use 199 skillpoints to get 76

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hvedeknoppen {STYRER}
    I'm not saying you can immediately get your skill points back in the manner you suggested. In fact, even with 300 stam, it will take forever to ruby vegas.

    In the long run though, the stamina can help in Italy, and whatever cities they roll out with in the future. It will also help with those fighting achievements (if you care about hoarding them). Some of those missions now require quite a few stamina (~ 200?). Having the extra stamina also makes it easier to deal with the end of section bosses. 101 stamina @ 4 stamina/atk only gives you 25 chances; throw in an energy pack and that gives you 50. If that's not enough, the boss will heal in 24 hrs. The list goes on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.