Nov 13, 2010

Missions Update

Share:

Another feature has been added to the Social Missions.  You can now generate a post every time you collect your rewards.  Do this by clicking the "Celebrate" button.
Look for posts in your news feeds like the ones below and click on "Claim Reward".
You need to be quick because there are a limited amount of rewards.  Most of the time you will get the "You are too late to claim a reward." message.
Mike Nestor helped me out and we accepted as many rewards as we could find.  I think you will like the results.
Here are the stats of all the items above.
Everything is great except for the Bio-Monitor which I really didn't need.
The fun finally stops after Zynga thinks you collected 20 rewards.  Some players are reporting that they collected no where near 20 before they got the message below.  It's possible that it's counting the rewards you were too late for.  We have seen time and time again that rewards tend to get worse with time.  I recommend you try to get as many of these now while they are still good and worth getting.

I've been using Stream Helper by Team Spockholm to find the perfect missions.  If your not sure how to use this tool, read my article titled Promotional Job Bookmarklet Helpers.
I scanned the last hour and all the mission help requests can now be found in one place.  Missions are broken down by difficulty level and time.  This gives you the opportunity to check the missions out before deciding to do them.
I looked went to all the hard missions and chose the ones needing just one more player.  Once I completed my portion, the missions were complete.
I got some great rewards.  I also noticed that as promised by Zynga, the crappy collection items are no longer part of the mission rewards.
With all this mission helping, I finally earned my Best Friends Forever achievement.  You get this for successfully helping out on 100 missions. The key word is successfully.  With Stream Helper, I was able to pick and choose my missions to increase the odds of them being successful.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for heads up with streamhelper change. didn't know that and very nice to see!

    Regarding the prize money, some friends and i played with it some. sometimes got great loot, but saw a Lot of bs links. We tried sharing links among ourselves before posting them and got 'too late'. How can the first click be late?
    Curious what others are seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and I had the same problem. I think once you click on it, regardless if you post or not, it's out there. Like job helps. Haven't checked MWAP but I bet it can grab those before they are posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it can be useful on secret drop though...
    3rp for 1attack + 1 defence is good....
    but chances are very small..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.