Nov 22, 2010

Mission Stoppers

Share:

Overall I like the Social Missions feature, but one there is one aspect that drives me crazy.  The reason I can't stand doing missions is because every single step involved is a slow drawn out process.  The moment you arrive to the missions page, you are greeted with this.
When the spinning bullets finally go away, it takes even longer for the scroll bars to work.  They stay frozen and you have to wait it out.
Once you are able to move around the missions page, it only gets worse.  Every click is an invitation for the spinning bullets to come back.  Do a job, wait for the bullets to go away, do the job again.  Sometimes you have to repeat this process many times.  It's a rare occasion when you can just do the job, get in a groove and knock it out.
Another problem I seem to have while doing the mission jobs is the "Do Job" button will stay gray for an extended amount of time.  Until it turns yellow again, nothing happens when I click on it.
When you ask for help, it takes longer for the post to generate than it does anywhere else in the game.  You know this took some time since I had the opportunity to take a screen shot of it half loaded!
Collecting your loot is also a pain and takes awhile.  It seems Zynga wanted to give us some variety while we wait for our rewards and they added an image that serves the same purpose but is different than the spinning bullets.  I don't even know what to call this one.  Maybe they forgot to code in the spinning bullets and this will soon be replaced.
I guess not.  I couldn't help but laugh when I got a double whammy.
If you ever wondered why we would need 3 whole days to complete a mission, everything above may explain it.  Instead of constantly adding new stuff to the missions, maybe Zynga could spend some time trying to make this page load faster.  Until then, I will not be able to enjoy missions.

5 comments:

  1. It loads fine for me. Maybe you just need to invest in a faster computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. jennifer, i have had the same problem doing *any* job in MWs for awhile. it seems to be a chrome issue since i don't have it when doing jobs in firefox, safari or opera.

    i'll watch my DU meter, a real time connection monitor, and see my upload sky rocket. looking in windows 7 resources, i see the ip address thats hogging my outgoing and traced back google. i checked to make sure i was "sending any statistics" back for chrome and i shouldn't be. it seems to have started after i upgraded . . i just deal with it, sometimes it isn't as bad. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to many missions, i think most of us are sick of them .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont even do them anymore. I use my stamina or energy and get CRAP loot... so far in helping on 45 missions I have gotten 7 reef sharks, a Leaf, and a Hippo of consequence. What good are ninjas to me when I have 438 cooling vests. But you are sooo right Lootlady.. The spinning, the waiting, the whole package just sucks. I wish they would fix the missing Loot stashes instead. They drop some good stuff. Arcturians, Italian High end loot...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.