Nov 17, 2010

A Cheaper Mulligan

Share:

Zynga must have heard us all complain and laugh at the cost of a mulligan. You can now get a do over for Mystery Bags, Mystery Shipments, Mystery Animals and Secret Drops for 1 Reward Point instead of 3.  I opened a Mystery Bag and got a collection item that I don't need.
I spent the one Reward Point and got a robbing boost instead.  The Surveillance is a defense boost so I won't even get to enjoy it.  Hopefully the poor sap who tries to rob me and loses will.
I didn't bother trying the Mystery Shipment.  I can buy building items for 1 Reward Point in the property sections or make the unique building parts for free.
I wasn't about to try for something different on this Secret Drop.  This is one of the best things you can get.  In fact, I would spent one Reward Point for 2 Skill Points all day long.
The Mystery Animals all suck but I was curious to see if I would get a better animal.  I spent one Reward Point and go something worse.
The way these things are worded makes me think that you get to keep the first item you receive.  I tested it out by keeping my inventory page open in another window before accepting another Secret Drop.  I got a Blue Sky and unfortunately spend 1 Reward Point for a Burner.
According to my inventory pages, I got to keep the Blue Sky.  Technically this makes the name of this feature incorrect.  Ask any golfer about a Mulligan and they will tell you that there should be no evidence or record of the first attempt.

11 comments:

  1. sometimes we get 2x loot also that is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. "According to my inventory pages, I got to keep the Blue Sky."
    Well, yes this makes the name of the feature incorrect, but it says "Get another...", not "replace the one you got with another" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. best thing to do with reward points use them to refill your energy or stamina when is in promotion for 8 reward points, that will give you double reward and loot items...
    level 1030...and going... http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/profile.php?id=%7B%22user%22%3A%22cHwyOTMwMDI5%22%7D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous 8:50 AM
    Er no, refills are just another waste of RPs. It's best to invest them into skill points (pref. Chop Shop/Weapons Depot > +5/6).

    ReplyDelete
  5. SerialLeveler88 bother to explain why chopshop better as refill? long ago you can get decent weapons, now it's completly waste 12rp to get 6 stats, when you can get 10 stats for 15 rp, or even for 13rp if you know how to. actualy I can keep exchange 13rp to 10stats non stop. there just no other way to get better ratio, and chopshop and others itms just dont worth anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wacky Zynga! ROFL

    --Da Scrappy Chihuahua

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you can get up to 6 Skill points from the Chop Shop/Weapons Depot for just 12 RP, which is much better compared to the normal 4 Skill Points for 14 RP.

    Permanent stats points are ALWAYS and will ALWAYS be better than refills (mainly because a lot of energy/stamina will be lost due to no carry-over).

    I level up about 100+ times a day with my energy account, which is equal to 500 free skills points and 50 free RP ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I accidently clicked on use 3 reward points on red mystery bag screen. I got a column from Italy that you can buy for 1 x reward point, They are getting like TESCO's...shafters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For lower levels, getting another item on the secret drop would seem to be a good move. The loot is decent stuff and you could get keys or att/def. I wonder what the %ages are for the different drops are in the secret drop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SerialLeveler88 if you are pure stamina account then you must keep buy 4 stats for 14rp or 6 stats for 12 rp, but if you got some energy you can unload energy, unload stamina and refill energy for fight coins. it will cost 7rp to refill energy, and every 2 lvl you get 1rp back. so you need only 13 rp to earn 10 stats points. it's 1:1.3 ratio in comapre to yours 1:2 ratio with chop shop way.
    I acknowledge that refil way take longer, but after all you geting some ihel drop while unloading energy and stamina and after all you becoming only stronger as with pure chop shop way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.