Oct 27, 2010

Italy Boss Bug

Share:

Earlier today when I was off-line, I started getting e-mails asking me why Boss Health Levels were over a million. It sounded crazy to me and I didn't think it was true. When I saw for myself, I was worried and wondered how the heck I was ever going to win a Boss Fight when my friends who are much stronger than me were getting their butts handed to them over and over. Mike Nestor sent me the following images.
Mike, what did you expect??? I'm impressed that your health is over 1,000 but honestly, how did think you could beat these freaks with over 6 million health?
I had to know what was going on and found a Zynga Forum board thread titled WTH! Italy bosses impossible!. The players were not happy and assumed this was a permanent thing.  Al Cataz, Super Moderator, replied that the issue was being worked on.
That made me feel much better. Bossy Don of Top Mafia posted about this bug as well and included a quote from a Zynga official (1).

"It was an attempt at rebalancing" "that attempt (at rebalancing) should've been switched back off, but some of the henchman might still have goofy stats temporarily" and "on behalf of the MW team, 'sorry' "/Zynga Official interpreted by Bossy Don

Things are now back to normal but the Boss Health Statistics have increased. Here is the fight that Mike Nestor was able to win this time around.
The Ruby Level Region 4 Bosses have 48,000 health.  Much better than 6+ Million but way more than the 10,800 they had when I defeated them with my energy account 7 days ago.
Until players update the Mafia Wars Wiki Italy Pages with the new health statistics, we won't know for sure what all the health levels for each Boss and each Tier are.  I can't look on my energy account because the Boss Fights lock once they are successfully completed. To check on these, go to the Wiki link provided and select each Region and scroll down to the Boss Fight. Here is the example for Region 4.
(image from the Mafia Wars Wiki)

5 comments:

  1. I am at the ruby Boss fight in Palermo. My boss has 29700 health right now. Started with 2400 yesterday! I can't even defeat the henchmen anymore. Yesterday it only took a few hits now my own powerfull henchmen and myself are gone in 2 hits hardly doing any damage. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. why these idiots from zynga kep change things after release? some players done whole italy very easy and for the rest moe weak players it's near imposible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked to Zynga this morning also because now the bosses are 100% healing each time you die. You are suppose to have so many hours to complete it but my bosses are healing each time making me start over again and this is what I got:

    "Adam B.: I'm sorry about that, this is due to a known issue in Mafia Wars that our game developers are working on. Adam B.: We will notify users via e-mail once this issue is corrected. " Blah Blah BS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess it would've been better if they released Italy after all the beta testing they needed. Now this Italy f*kin ma brain seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same issue for me with the 48k boss health Region 4 ruby level.
    Why they have changed this from 10800 as it was the boss level originally?
    Since for every try I can make minus 300 on his health, so at every round I die after two hits,the only way you can beat him is to heal the health in NY, go back and do another 2 attack, and keep on doing this for 80 times? so his health is finally gone... Nonsense... Nobody can do that click for hours, it is not fun...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.