Oct 27, 2010

Captcha While Fighting?

Share:

I read a disturbing discussion thread on The Zynga Forum Boards. It's titled O hell no... and it starts out with a bang. The title and image below say it all.

(image from The Zynga Forum Boards submitted by KMayhew)
It's bad enough that just about every time I do something on Facbook, I have to fill out one of these Captcha things. If it becomes a regular thing with Mafia Wars, I will not be happy.
Gordon Zynga states in the discussion thread mentioned above that "You have to be fighting very, very, very, very fast" to get the pop-up.
This sounds reasonable in theory but players who were fighting manually also got it.
Hopefully Zynga will realize that players won't be happy with yet another game interrupting feature. It won't deter bookmarklet use because the time between clicks can be adjusted. I'm puzzled as to why Zynga would want to add Captcha security checks to a game already filled with pop-ups and delays.

Special thanks to Monika Dutta for posting the forum link and image on The Mafia Wars Gods wall.


9 comments:

  1. Maybe Zynga finally has figured out the key to killing the game since nothing else has worked and one can see by the way they do things they have no concept of originality amongst themselves and are, apparently, too damned stupid to simply reach down and unplug the server[s].

    ReplyDelete
  2. and how to fight not manualy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. using scripting and let script do dirty work for you or wife if your married

    ReplyDelete
  4. I encountered The Problem Only Once.....When my Brawler was on a roll ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully Zynga will realize In your dream loot Lady. I have play MW for some yrs now and its getting worse and worse..
    But thank you for a great web site you have

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seeing this on multiple accounts that I have -NEVER- run any of the tools on, and there is no way that I am running "very, very, very, very fast" so I call BS on their comments.

    I am also seeing it on accounts that I do run the tools on, notably Brawler, but I have the settings very low. I do fight a LOT with those accounts though. And I've been dumping stamina into those accounts for the last month. It's going to be interesting to see what they are using to determine who gets the Captcha.

    Popup blockers are also blocking the Captcha screen, so I didn't even get what was going on until I turned everything, including AdBlock, off and finally saw the dialog with the Captcha.

    But most importantly...this is an awful implementation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This game implementation is taking things way too far and completely unnecessary. Are they going to add a captcha for doing jobs too? Probably in the future. Zynga are sell-outs who only care about making money off of the "noobs" in Mafia Wars and don't care about the hardcore players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually spam the power attack button to burn my 3200 stamina, and I got a captcha while clicking manually, I just switched to a bookmark Brawler, and have no problem, so it's a huge FAIL from Zynga if they intend to catch the BM users with this crap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, filling double captchas helps in digitalizing old books (yes, really), so think of it as being something you do to help a good cause :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.