Sep 9, 2010

District Loot Drop % Rates

Share:

There are so many loot items that drop while doing jobs in Las Vegas.  It's really hard to get a handle on them because they aren't specific to one job.  Some of the items drop in more than one district.  There are a total of 37 equipment loot items and they can all be found on the Mafia Wars Wiki Loot:Las Vagas Page.  

I performed the following district loot drop studies for Scott Saunders, creator of Blofeld's Loot List and Combat Calculator using the Spockholm Mafia Tools RepeatJob Vegas boookmarklet.  I did a run on each district and calculated the loot drop percentages for each item.  I copied the loot items listed for each district Mafia Wars Wiki page and pasted them to the loot logs.  I selected random jobs for each district.  For Districts 4 and 6, I chose jobs that required $V to perform and also did a second run on District 3 using a job that dropped a consumable item.  Click on any image to enlarge and click on the title links to go to each Wiki page.

My article District 6 Loot covered the loot items and the loot drop percentage rates of District 6.  I helped Bossy Don with a study to compare drop rates between the Bronze and Ruby levels of mastery.  The results above have slightly higher drop rates for the majority of the items.  This could be because I only carried them out 2 decimal places versus 3 and rounded up or because jobs that require $V to perform have a slightly higher drop rate.  I also performed a much greater number of jobs in the study below.
Doing jobs that drop the consumable items needed to perform other jobs is not a good idea if you are trying to get 500 Las Vegas loot items.  As you can see from the results below, the equipment loot drop rates dramatically decrease.
While performing this study, I noticed that nobody has added the Set of Biker Leathers to the Mafia Wars Wiki Mojave Desert Page.  It was listed on the Loot:Las Vegas Page so I used the graphic to make my first page edit.  Here is what it looked like before.
I'm not very good with computers and should probably stay away from Wiki pages.  This is how my edit turned out.  I immediately notified Da Irish Kid and hopefully somebody will make it look pretty.
Even though my edit sucked, I earned the Making a Difference badge.



2 comments:

  1. The interesting thing would be to see the drop rates per experience gained. I guess then the drop rates would be much higher for bronze level.
    I've done the Convince A Judge To Step Down job (Dist. 6) 2600 times and I have appr. the same percentages as You have. However I didn't do a consecutive 2600 run but in steps of 100 at a time and I see the percentages aren't yet stabilised so it's not enough with 2600 to get a really trustworthy drop rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The experience gained can be seen under the blue star on each table. Take that number and multiply it by the number of jobs performed. I could have added the totals to the charts but energy spent and experience gained will be different for players based on the top mafia bonuses. I don't have them maxed on my energy account so I didn't want their to be any confusion.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.