Jun 3, 2010

Unblock or Unhide Mafia Wars (or any other Application)

Share:

I've already written an article on this but Facebook has changed the layout of the Privacy Settings so I'm re-writing this.
I see many posts in my news feeds regarding problems with Mafia Wars.  A common questions are "Why don't I have any Mafia Wars posts in my newsfeeds" or "I can't find or get into Mafia Wars?".  These are user based problems and happen when a player unintentionally hides or blocks the Mafia Wars Application from their Facebook Account.
These steps can also be applied to other applications that have been blocked or hidden.  When Zynga promotes one of their other games and bribes us with cool weapons like we saw with Texas Hold'em and Treasure Isle, this information will come in handy if someone asks why they can't get to the game in question.  If Mafia Wars or any other application is hidden, you won't see posts from the application on your news feeds but you can still play the game.  If an application is blocked, you won't see any posts, get any requests, or have access to the game.

To unhide Mafia Wars and get it back on your newsfeed follow these simple steps.
1.  Go to your Facebook Home Page or the Status Updates Page*, scroll to the bottom of the page and find Edit Options.


* To find your Status Update page, go to the far left of your home page, click on Friends and then click on Status Updates.
2.  Click on Edit Options, a box will open and give you a choice between Friends, Pages or Applications)-->Applications-->Find Mafia Wars-->Click "Add to News Feed.



To unblock Mafia Wars so you can play, follow these steps.
1.  Go to Account which is in the upper right hind corner.
2.  Account-->Privacy Settings-->Scroll to the bottom, find Block Lists, click "Edit your lists"-->Go to Blocked Applications and find Mafia Wars (or other application)-->Click Unblock.














13 comments:

  1. Good advice. And although it didn't help me it confirmed that I do actually have a problem with my account. Hidden applications do not show up under my FB home page or my status updates page on edit options. It only shows hidden people. I even hid one app just to see if I could bring it up. No luck. Off to FB I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an edit on step number 2 of unhiding. Did you make sure you clicked on Applications? Other than that, I'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe a computer person will comment here and help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally I got Mafia Wars back in newsfeed!!!! THANX!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying for 6 days to get Mafia Wars unblocked. I have messaged Facebook about 6 times with screen shots. I have tried every step you have posted. The HIDDEN FROM NEWS feed box will not open. Theres 3 bars in the upper right corner of this box that just keeps moving left to right like its loading. If I click on applications, it sends me back to the previous page i was looking at. I have tried Safari, FireFox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. I have used my MacBook pro and my HP. It will not go past that. In privacy settings, it dont show my blocked applications. You have no idea how frustrated I am with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My MW feed vanished. It is not in the blocked list. I had the same situation as the previous anonymous posting here. As per step 2, I no longer see the 3 optons, I have just bloked apps. And MW is not in that list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same as above, I did have it and it disappeared 3 days ago, no luck with Zynga,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lost mine in the last 24 hours too.... and cant for the life of me get it back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, same here. I have been using internet explorer and just 2 days ago...all news feed gone. Even when I click on the other members who I know post things for MW...nada. No feed anywhere.
    What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has happened to me last year and now it has happened to me all over again NO FB GAMES shows up in my News FEED no games are blocked or hidden. I suspect this has something to do with that idiot Zuck making changes in accounts pisses me off he does.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 2 accounts my other account ALL the games are posted in News feed, both accounts are set up identically so this is why I think it is Mark Zuckerberg messing around with settings screwing them up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my account has gon.my name has changed but it lets me on with the same password..i was using the linkanator last night and it changed my profile pic to craig bellamy in sao paulo,lol how do irestore it as my mafia is massive and there is 3years work there..hope u can help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. .....If for some reason you change your mind and want to bring Mafia Wars back, go down to the bottom of your News Feed. At the bottom right of all your posts, you will see "Edit Options". Click on this, and a list will pop up showing all your blocked Games. Click on "Add To News Feed", and the game updates will be returned to your Facebook page until the cows come home, or you change your mind again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know what my problem is. The feed moves so slow that I can go back and look at it 3 minutes later and there are no new posts. I will see a MW post and then not see another one for about half an hour. Some people see nothing but MW posts.. where all I am seeing on the feed is mostly people posting pictures. I tried to follow what was here in the instructions but got as far as the 1st part. I don't have "friends" under News feed, messages, events.. it stops at "events" so I can't go to status updates.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.