Jun 8, 2010

Facbook Security Option

Share:

I was very concerned today when I attempted to log into my energy account.  The password was not valid and I never changed it.  I write all my passwords down so I know it wasn't the wrong one and yes, I made sure my Caps Lock button wasn't accidentally turned on.  How could this be?  I immediately requested a password change and got into my account once I created a new password.  I'm very baffled by this and hope one of my computer friends can assure me that I wasn't hacked.  All of my loot was still there.  I have the security option activated on my main account but never bothered with my other ones (I really hope Zynga and Facebook don't read this blog).  I do have my e-mail visible on the account in question because I want people to contact me if they have questions or information I can use.  I decided to activate the security option and let you know how to do this too.
From your home or profile page, click on "Account"-->"Account Settings"-->find Account Security and click on "change"-->click on "Yes"-->click "Submit".









You will now be notified by e-mail anytime your account is accessed from a computer or phone that you haven't registered.  The next time you log in, you will be asked to register and name the computer you are using.  I suggest you also click on the option to not ask again from your computer or you will get an e-mail every time you log into Facebook.  Since I have all my e-mail accounts and The Facebook App on my phone and requested a text message to be sent for this feature as well, it can be a bit much whenever I have to register a new computer.  It will be worth the annoyance when I can take steps to stop a hacker dead in his tracks as soon as my account is accessed.  For more information on this feature, visit the Facebook Help Center/login notifications.









2 comments:

  1. Wow, ty again LootLady! I would have never known this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...Just was looted..This really helps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.