Jun 4, 2010

Create a Zynga Customer Support Ticket

Share:

If you have been playing Mafia Wars for more than a few days, you probably realize it's not you and is in fact the game that is causing the majority of the problems you are experiencing. There are always glitches in the system and they effect different players in different ways.  There are too many examples to choose from so I'm just going to show you how to create a Zynga Customer Support Ticket.  Nobody likes to do this and many will fight it for as long as possible.  The first thing I do when I encounter a problem is make a post asking my mafia if anybody else is having the same issue or knows how to fix it.  I usually get a response with a solution if my problem is caused by me doing something wrong or I'll get a bunch of comments verifying it's a problem with the game.  The next step I take is to go to The Zynga Forum Boards and see if others are addressing the issue.  I will often find a solution here.  Once I'm satisfied that my issue is being looked into by Zynga, I move on.  When I can't figure out a solution to my problem and nobody else is having the same issue, I create a support ticket and hope Zynga can help me.  If you have been lucky enough to not have to do this yet, here are the steps you need to take.
1.  From the upper right corner of your game, click on help and then click on support from the drop menu.  A redirect to The Zynga Forums can also be found here.  You will be directed to the Zynga support page.
2.  Under game play questions, find Mafia Wars and type in a small summary of your problem and click search.  You will also be asked if you want to connect to Facebook so your account information can be provided to Zynga.  I chose "No Thanks" for this as I don't feel it is necessary because I need to provide them with my Facebook URL to send the ticket.  It may or may not matter. 







3.  You will then get a list of your search results.  Often this list doesn't even come close to what you typed in the search box but sometimes you can find good information here.



















4.  If you can't find your answer, it's time to send an e-mail directly to Zynga support.  To do this, click on e-mail, and fill in the boxes provided.  When filling in the type of problem, you will be prompted with current known issues as asked if you have seen the articles related to that issue.  Here are some examples of these issues.































































5.  If your question is not related to a current issue like my Cuba question was, finish completing out the Customer Support Form.   I'll change it up so I can follow through with this article.  I'm currently having issues with gifting my mafia members back.  I already know Zynga knows about this and they are "working hard" to fix it, but I will use it as an example.





















Zynga loves screen shots and they will request them and tell you they can't help without proof if your issue involves them giving you back something they took away. I suspect they are taking advantage of the fact that most players don't know how to make a screen shot.  They do offer instructions but I could never figure them out.  I'll work on a future article teaching you how to make screen shots.  I found a great video for you to watch explaining how to upload them.  Yonks of The TopMafia.Info Fan Page created this video.  To watch it now click HERE and I'll wait for you.  The video teaches you how to upload photos to The TopMafia.Info Fan Page but the concepts can be applied to loading them anywhere, including Zynga's support ticket form.  Thanks, Yonks!

You will also be asked to provide your URL or Social Networking ID. If you are not sure what this number is, click on your Facebook profile and copy the number or letters located in your browser bar following http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?#!/  Mine is MWLootLady.  If you haven't changed yours through the account settings option, you will have a bunch of numbers.








6.  Once you submit your question, you will get a confirmation e-mail with your ticket number and an approximate wait time.  I was quite surprised that I got an answer in less than 30 minutes.  Maybe they knew I was writing this article??  Your e-mail messages are now set up like a forum board so if you're not satisfied with their response, you can add to it without having to create another support ticket.  This can be very frustrating at times because sometimes you have to reply 3 or 4 times to get to the core of your issue.  The first response usually gives you directions to clean out your computers cache, restart your computer, remove and re-add the Mafia Wars Application.  This can actually help with a lot of problems, so give it a try before you start searching for answers. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

4 comments:

  1. i can't get the option to send an email. the page will not load. any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same problem with the Zynga support and/or customer help pages not loading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here and have never had the live chat option! I cant gift, didnt get my loot reward from the christmas tree and do not have the new inventory either! and now cant submit a ticket because the page wont load :( any suggestions other than blowing up Zynga ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. why am i unable to log onto yoville..it keeps saying unable to load page..can anyone help..i tried to go on zynga customer service website but same thing happens and wont let me load the page..plz can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.