May 26, 2010

Shark Reef Weapon: Treasure Isle

Share:

UPDATE:  I finally got my Shark Reef.  It was very unclear as to when I would get it or how I would know I got it.  It happened for me when I reached level 7.  I was overjoyed to get this pop-up and laughed when I read it.  Zynga must know that our interest in this game will not last past the Shark Reef and even offered a link back to Mafia Wars. 
I still wasn't confident that I owned this Shark Reef so when I was directed to Mafia Wars, I was happy to get this pop-up.
Even with two pop-ups notifying me that I received the Shark Reef, I still had to go to my inventory to be 100% convinced that my Treasure Isle days were over.
The Reef Shark is a special loot item you can get for playing the Zynga game Treasure Isle. The Shark Reef is currently categorized as a weapon but maybe it will become an animal.  The stats are better than The Railgun so I decided to spend the time to get this item.
 

There is a  Reef Shark Wiki Page .  The message states that you have to complete 3 levels after level 10 but according to the wiki page, you will get the weapon once you complete level 3.  Look for in game messages or Click Here to Play Treasure Isle. UPDATE:  I never got the weapon after level 3 so I went back to the game and got the following pop-up:
I then found this message written by a Zynga Super Moderator on the Zynga Forum:
"You don't have to get 10 Levels, only have to earn 3 Levels with a minimum Level reach of 4.  From what I have seen those should appear instantly since you followed the links in the other thread. Sometimes these promo items take a little while to get to the Inventory, so if it continues on, or anyone else is dealing with this issue, please let me know."  
Having issues with MW's, use the User Based Issue Solutions Thread to help solve them from a user level.

Now I'm even more confused as to when I will get the Shark Reef.  When it is earned, you will have to reclick on the add in the flash box on the home page. It should now say "claim your Shark Reef".  I won't be able to verify this until I get the message.

If you get the following message when you click on the link to play than that means you have blocked the application. You won't be able to play until you unblock it.  If you don't know how to unblock an application, see my post titled Unhide and Unblock Mafia Wars.  Follow the steps but unblock Treasure Isle instead of Mafia Wars.






Once you allow The Treasure Isle Application into your FB account, you can start to play.  I won't write about that as I didn't know what I was doing.  I just kept clicking until I leveled up.  When I ran out of energy, I made my avatar look more like me.  They have a fan page so go there if you want to learn how to play this game.  The Treasure Isle Fan Page.


The Treasure Isle people have to deal with annoying pop-ups too!!!!  This must be a Zynga thing.  I will update here if and when I get my Shark Reef.
  

2 comments:

  1. Me level 52 in Treasure Island and 435 in Mafia Wars. After completing 3 levels from 49 to 52 still it did not showed Reef Shark in my Mafia Wars inventory. Can anyone help me ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at the article I just posted:Cross-Promotional Links, go to the discussion thread linked to PlayerScripts.com and they have a link posted to get the Shark Reef or you can create a customer support ticket.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.