May 22, 2010

Feed Filter

Share:

Today one of my mafia members asked about expanding the Mafia Wars news feeds.  A while back, I discovered the Feed Filter when I was reading James Neil's Notes.  I've since looked into this topic in more detail because the newest version stopped expanding the Mafia Wars news feed posts.  Feed Filter is a Firefox add-on to hide selected News Feed posts, display posts from one app at a time, and more. If you visit The Feed Filter Fan Page  you can learn more about it.  FB demanded that 2 of my favorite features be removed.  Expanding my Mafia Wars news feed posts and cleaning up my wall.  The scriptwriter had no choice but to remove these features or FB was going to shut his page down.  In order to use these two features, you need to ensure that you download the older version.  Version 1.4.5.xpi, is still available and working but remember not to update it when FireFox lets you know updates are available.  This really is a great tool and the scriptwriter was very nice when I contacted him to inquire about using the older version.  He couldn't tell me where it could be found but I was determined.  Visit his The Feed Filter Website to learn more about his tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.