Oct 2, 2010

Forum Board Reorganization

Share:

Blue Eyed Nate has announced that he is working hard on "updating the organization of the forums".  He hopes that the new organization will help in making things easier to find.  He also says that any feedback would be appreciated.
(click on any image to enlarge)
I thought about what I could say and was all set to reply to his post.  When I clicked on "Post Reply", I got the following message.  I have a suggestion.....if you want feedback, don't create a sticky post!
Here is where writing a blog comes in handy.  I can provide some feedback and hope that Blue Eyed Nate reads it.  The following is the feedback I would have posted if I was able to.

Here is something that would make finding things on the Zynga Forum Boards a lot easier.  Please get rid of the 60 second wait time between searches.  If your search doesn't yield any results, it takes about 10-15 to start a new one.
Waiting 49 seconds is not fun.  I do a lot of searching and it's very annoying to get the error message below.  Often I don't feel like waiting and refreshing so I move on and look for the information elsewhere.

Feel free to comment and leave your feedback here.  I will make sure it is passed on.  Blue Eyed Nate is a Community Manager.  The job of a Community Manager is to get to know the players and the community so that recommendations for improvements can be made.  Community Managers are not the game police.  Blue Eyed Nate has been very active in his role as a Community Manager.  He talks to many players and along with his boss Joanzie Malone (aka Jilly Bean) has been on The Evil Ed Podcast.  He also was on the Facebook & Zynga Podcast.  Recently he was in Las Vegas and agreed to let me interview him about the upcoming Mafia Wars Convention (1).  I thought this was something the Mafia Wars community would be interested in and was surprised at some of the backlash I got.
First of all, I don't mind being bashed but I would prefer it to be by someone who has the balls to sign their name and not hide behind an anonymous post.  My cowardly bashers need to brush up on their grammar skills! Secondly, how are we suppose to improve the game if we don't work with the Community Managers?  I do a lot for the players and the purpose of that interview was to discuss the Mafia Wars convention.  If you think I didn't ask hard questions and bring issues and concerns to Nate's attention, you are mistaken.  Thirdly, if I had stars in my eyes, Mafia Wars would not be the venue I would seek them.  I believe it's important that players who voice their opinions (and those of others) have a good relationship with the Community Managers.  They are the ones who can address issues and ensure something is done about them.  If you hate Zynga that much, find a different game to play.  The Mafia Wars community doesn't need people who only bitch and complain in a non-productive manner.  If you want results, you have to build relationships first.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, Dont take any chit LL! While I'm commenting, how about Z doing something to improve gift receiving and sending? for instances instead of 30 curly tail 1x, how about 1 curly tail 30x? It would be nice if they could be returned the same way. I would also be nice if there were a way to opt outta certain gifts once you have your fill. No reason pointlessly trading them back and forth when everyone's all ready done with them. Anyhow, that was all off point but I figured I say it anyhow lol. keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts! Robt M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous I posted my 'you have bla bla gold' in a HOPE people would stop sending me pigs.... guess what it didnt happen, so rather then ignoring things i just let jgraballgifts go nuts and accept them all, least its automated!
    -Bossy Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL,

    Great feedback and I'm going to look into that. The purpose of the forums is so that people can easily find the information that they are looking for.

    I'll see what I can do to make that smoother for you :).


    We also appreciate your and all the community's cooperation and patience as we are making changes and hopefully improvements.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.