Aug 22, 2010

Cement Shoe Sizer: Team Spockholm

Share:

Spockholm Mafia Tools has added another amazing bookmarklet to it's ever growing list.  Since Pistol Pete no longer has to worry about the Chip Exchange Bookmarklet, he used his new found free time to create a brand new bookmarklet called the Cement Shoe Sizer.  This easy to use program will scan your Facebook Friends List and flag any profile which has not been updated for 3 months or longer.  It also does a second scan of the list and removes the profiles that contain Mystery Bag links from the Bagman Mugger Bookmarklet.  When the process is complete, you will have a list of potential non-active Facebook and Mafia Wars Application users.  If you don't want to be a potential victim, make sure your profile link never shows up on this list by updating your Facebook profile picture, information, or quotations at least once every 3 months.  Using Bagman Mugger will update your quotations.  Team Spockholm sizes your people up for cement shoes but it's your job to visit each profile and decide for yourself if they need to be swimming with the fishes.  

To start using Cement Shoe Sizer today, follow the steps below.  If you are new to using bookmarklet programs, review my articles on Bookmarklet Installation and Common Problems.

1.  Go to the Spockholm Mafia Tools External Page and locate Cement Shoe Sizer.
2.  Click, Drag and Drop Cement Shoe Sizer into your bookmark toolbar.
3.  Go to any Mafia Wars page and from your bookmark toolbar click on Cement Shoe Sizer once to unframe the game.
4.  Once your game is unframed, go to your bookmark toolbar and click on Cement Shoe Sizer again.  Your game will now look like this.
5.  Be patient and wait for the program to load.  Once it is finished your list will appear.
Use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom to view the Facebook profile links which are in order from the oldest last updated to the newest.
6.  Now click each [FB] link and review the profile for evidence of Mafia Wars activity.  If it doesn't look like they play Mafia Wars, go to the bottom left of their profile page and click on "Remove from Friends".
7.  If you have a lot of profiles to review, you can copy and paste to list to a different location and save it for when you have more time.

I have a lot of work to do because my list contains 1978 people.  Just because someone hasn't updated their profile information in over 3 months doesn't mean they aren't active Mafia Wars players. The list provided by Cement Shoe Sizer is a good starting point.  When I reviewed some of the profiles on my list, I scanned the for recent Mafia Wars related posts and mutual friends.  It was pretty easy to determine who is playing and who isn't.
In this example, you can see one of my Facebook friends plays Bakery Life and I couldn't find any Mafia Wars posts.  Bakery Girl only had about 300 friends and her Mafia Wars profile was not very impressive.  I think she tried the game out and didn't like it so I don't feel to bad about deleting her and she probably won't even notice that I threw her into the river (deleted her from my Friends List).  I was actually a little envious because I would have never developed this Mafia Wars addiction that I have if I just stopped playing at Level 87.  I'm sure Bakery Life doesn't have all the problems that Mafia Wars does and Bakery Girl is much happier then we are.
Special thanks to Pistol Pete for promptly answering all my questions.  Cement Shoe Sizer is pretty easy to use so I didn't have that many this time.

5 comments:

  1. I love that they are trying for this!
    Big problem is, I got 200 hits. and only 4 of them was inactive:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good starting point for those who want to get rid of Facebook friends who aren't playing Mafia Wars. Since I have 5K friends, I can't accept new FR and would love to get rid of a couple thousand so for me this is a good way to do it. When I'm watching TV, I just go to the profiles and delete the one who don't play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caution: I just ran the suggested bookmarklet and to my surprise there were at least 10 friends in the first 30 names who have been actively playing for the past one week (I happen to be a daily player). I think the author has cautioned about it in the article also. It is emphasized that please donot blindly follow the results and start removing your active friends.

    Regards,

    Dr. Afaq A. Q.
    email: docafaqhotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you click "Remove from Friends," it removes the person from your friends list. Does it also remove the friend from your Mafia or is there another step to remove them from your Mafia? Thanks, great blog with great information! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just tried id and received lots of false positives, people who I know are still regular players!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.