Mar 3, 2012

The Kingfisher Bug

Share:

UPDATE: This bug has been fixed and Kingfishers are dropping in fights and jobs. Script logs may show that you get more than 10 items but only 10 will be added to your inventory. I don't know if there will be compensation for the Kingfishers that were not acquired due to the bug. The max anyone should have at the time of this update is 50. Try contacting Customer Support  if you got shorted.

Many players are reporting that Kingfishers are no longer dropping in Italy. Mine stopped dropping after the third day of the Insurrection In Italy Event and I’ve been stuck on 30.
kf1
Kingfishers are supposed to drop while doing fights and jobs in Italy. Regardless of where they come from, we are limited to 10 per day. Insurrection In Italy is only a 8 day event so many players will be short of the 80 they should be able to get.
kf2
I did a large energy run in Italy on a different account and spent 94,920 energy and didn’t get a single Kingfisher. The account used hadn’t done any jobs or fights in Italy since the day Insurrection In Italy was released so the 0% drop rate of Kingfishers can’t be attributed to hitting the limit of 10 for the day.
kf3
kf4
Of course if you go to the Known Issues Page on the Zynga forums, you won't find anything (at the time of this post). I searched for a forum thread on the issue found this. It was posted yesterday and Big Delicious, Super Moderator, stated that he/she would investigate. In a timed event, the investigation shouldn't be at ones leisure. Many have reported they were told by Customer Support that it is a known issue and the development team is working on it.

Thanks to Dave McLaren for finding a better forum thread than the one I had originally posted. If the forums were easier to find what you are looking for, those who don't mind trolls would actually utilize them.






42 comments:

  1. I have the same issue on my accounts, tried out all six accounts I have access to yesterday and did not drop one on any, the biggest being a 120k energy run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only 30. i give it up, and will spend my energy in brazil or chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine stopped at 30 too,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine stopped at 30 .. mind you I dont even have the Italy mission, disappeared after 6 hours and they are '' working '' on getting it back for me .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya'll are ahead of me, I'm stuck on 20.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I guess I'm privileged, I have 40. 30 came from jobs and 10 came from fights but nothing in the last 3 or 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30 here too. And I have not seen another drop for a few days now

    ReplyDelete
  8. mine stopped at 40...was 44 before

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never got a single one. Gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same thing. 30, no more for 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to get a single one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Ronald,

    Thanks for getting back to us! I see that you are having problems to get the new Italy Loot which is the Kingfisher, do not worry that is why I am here. I will help you to the best of my abilities!

    What I have done for you is add in your Mafia Wars account the special Loot of Italy. I have added 10 kingfishers as a courtesy; these Items will help you to increase your Criminal Empire and become a better Capo. I hope you like them!

    Remember that this Item is difficult to get because is a Special Loot that nobody else will have after this Event. It is supposed to be like this.

    I hope you find this information helpful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate in contact us again. I will always be here to assist you.
    Remember, your satisfaction is our highest priority.

    Have a nice weekend Ronald!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronald sorry to ask but do you have an incident number I can quote to support as they are refusing to credit me any kingfishers

      Delete
    2. Sure! It's 00D6J52i.5006Ho4Z

      Delete
  13. mine too stopped at 30, but today it have been started again on fight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As of March3 @ 7:55a PT, I have had 14 drop from one assassinator run. I now have 54.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got 10 today (up to 50 now)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think the set up a limit to 30. because it stoped the same at my acc. its not a strange coincidence that many have 30 and it stops thx zynga ....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kingfisher 115 60
    Quality: Rare
    Type: Animal
    Sub-Types: Bird
    Location: Special Event
    Active Items: 50 / 0
    We have to start again from Home every Day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ×9 Kingfisher [115A 60D] (6.8%) Have: 49

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting - mine is stuck on 49 too!

      Delete
  19. Mine HAD been stuck at 30, but this morning during fighting in Italy, I have had 12 drop already in about 1000 fights. Well, it says that 12 have dropped, but my inventory is now at 40, so apparently they have fixed this bug.

    ReplyDelete
  20. started to drop back,got 50 ~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kingfisher 115 60
    Quality: Rare
    Type: Animal
    Sub-Types: Bird
    Location: Special Event
    Active Items: 41 / 0

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got 30, then another 4, immediately after the timer reset - then nothing - I looked today and I had 40, so it appears they were dropping but not showing up, or Zynga have added some to my account.

    I have just done a fight run and dropped 12 -

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are back again

    ReplyDelete
  24. I got 40 but some how on 1 st day I got 20 but yeah none since and after I saw this post I looks fought and still nothing

    ReplyDelete
  25. they drop in my fights still today!

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks like its fixed now. had none for last 2 days but just got 10 from A STAM run, and now got 40.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kingfisher
    x30(30)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kingfisher 115 60
    Quality: Rare
    Type: Animal
    Sub-Types: Bird
    Location: Special Event
    Active Items: 60 / 0

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have 60

    http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5157/clipboard01gu.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  30. As of the writing of this response, I now have 60 of them.....

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  31. Do they drop in fights if you are using the Assassin-a-Nator tool?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just fought in Italy...over 6k stamina...and am still showing 40 kingfishers. Do they keep dropping if you completed the event because I completed it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kingfisher 115 60
    Quality: Rare
    Type: Animal
    Sub-Types: Bird
    Location: Special Event
    Active Items: 60 / 0

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kingfisher 115 60
    Quality: Rare
    Type: Animal
    Sub-Types: Bird
    Location: Special Event
    Active Items: 60 / 0

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have 70 so far.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.