Jan 15, 2012

Zynga Addresses the News Feed Bug

Share:

In early December, many players started reporting that they could not see any requests for Mafia Wars in their news feeds (1). This wasn't a settings problem and was determined to be a bug.
For well over a month, the bug has persisted and affects different players for different periods of time. There is no workaround and all you can do is wait. I've seen players report anywhere from a few hours up to 10 days. I warned that this was a serious issue for Zynga as they want all their spam to be visible. It only took them 5 weeks to address the problem. For some reason it has recently become more widespread and is probably why Zynga is just now looking into it. The Customer Support page addressing this issue is reprinted below and can be found here to check for updates.

I can't see Zynga game posts for me or my friends
Updated 01/14/2012 at 17:45
Players of multiple games have reported that they are having issues seeing their own Zynga game feed posts or posts from their neighbors. In some cases, older posts for these games have disappeared as well. We understand that posting and collecting from feed posts is an important part of our games.

We have notified our engineering teams and they are working on a fix. 

There is no need to submit an email for this issue as we have enough information to research a fix. To help us out, click Please Fix below to help us keep track of the total number of affected players.
I see the problem on the Known Issues thread but I think this was for an earlier bug involving the news feeds because the workaround doesn't help the issue (you can see this was last updated in November). Using the the link: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=app_10979261223 gives you the same message.  Zynga hasn't been doing a good job with updating their Known Issues and this is a major problem for a lot of Mafia Wars players.

Default Known Feed Issues (Updated 11/18/11)

Hello Mafia Players,
This is the list of Feed Issues some players are currently experiencing. It is in this forum that we will keep you up-to-date on our progress toward a solution for each issue, as well as provide any player-submitted workarounds that we’ve confirmed to be effective. You will not be able to reply to threads in this forum, but each issue will contain links to:

-----------------------------Known Issues---------------------------------

Empty Game Feed
Issue: Game Feed is showing the message "There are no more posts to show right now."
Status: Investigating. If you are experiencing this issue, please add your details to this Bug Report.
Workaround: Visit this link to view your Mafia Wars Game Feed. Thanks goes to Herman for suggesting the link!


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

12 comments:

  1. I am experiencing this problem and submitted a complaint to Zynga support. I received the following response:

    "Hello Mark,

    I have checked this situation that you have had in your game, it seems to be that there's some problems with Facebook sycn and this is why you have had some issues with the posts, I will be reporting this situation to our game developers so they can check this with Facebook, also I will share this link with you, here you will be able to find Mafia Wars post only, this will help you to get the things that you need faster, also I added the amount of 20 Reward Points, I hope they can help you with your game.


    Here is the link that I mentioned before, I hope you will fijnd it useful. http://www.facebook.com/?sk=app_10979261223

    Please if you have any other problem let us know, everyone in our team will do our best to help you with your concerns and issues. I hope that you and your friends can make your Mafia the strongest Mafia ever!

    "Remember Mafia is not only a game, Mafia is the Family that you have to protect"

    Within the next 24 to 48 hours, you may receive an email titled, "Rate your recent experience with Zynga Customer Support." I'd appreciate it if you could complete a short survey about your experience with me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I get from that link is:

    There are no more posts to show at the moment Edit options

    My whole MW has gone haywire and I cant even post my own stuff.

    Waiting for Zynga to reply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the same thing. The "Workaround" is not working.

      Delete
  3. well they did not tried this with me because I told them that I already done that and did not worked ...
    every time I write to them...
    we know about the problem..sorry ..but rest assured that we are working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been experiencing no mafia posts on my main wall now for 5 days now!! and constant stream of status messages every 3/4 seconds along with photos from friends- i never used to see any of this..it is so frustrating that this issues has been allowed to go for so long without zynga doing anything about it...hope it is fixed before it goes to any more dedicated mafia members

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got a similar answer. Someone needs to tell CS that the link they're so fond of passing out doesn't work either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am currently having this problem. When I contacted CS, I got the old "clear your cache, change browsers, update Flash, etc". Then the next step was to go to the bottom of FB home screen and click on edit options to make sure MW wasn't blocked (even though I had already told them it wasn't blocked). When I returned the last reply, I have heard nothing else. I am in the 4th day of not being able to see any postings in my feed. This puts those of us having this problem at a severe disadvantage. It is not fair, but since when does Zynga care about their players??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know I'm not the only one suffering from the no Mafia Wars in my news feed problem! Now if Zynga and Facebook would just get their acts together and FIX it already. Anonymous is right - we are all at a serious disadvantage and what's worse - our mafia families are too because we can't even see their posts to click on and if they have the new stupid timeline thing we can hardly find them on their walls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the same problem with CV, no posts and the CV only post displayed the message "There are no more posts to show at the moment Edit options". For a change, I actually got someone who knew what they were doing. They advised me to click the edit options "pencil" to the left of the words News Feed on my feed page, then uncheck EVERY application I had blocked, save and close that tab. Amazingly it worked. Now they just need to fix the other problem where I'm only getting posts on my feed from 1/10th of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having this problem for the 3rd time now.
    First time was in december. It affected only Farmville posts and it lasted for about 10 days.
    2nd time was 2 days ago. Only FV was affected and it lasted for 1 day.
    3rd time = now. Not only FV is affected now, but MW as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having this problem for the 3rd time now.
    First time was in december. It affected only Farmville posts and it lasted for about 10 days.
    2nd time was 2 days ago. Only FV was affected and it lasted for 1 day.
    3rd time = now. Not only FV is affected now, but MW as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm having this problem from last 6days plzzz help or send me some link to report for faster result ty

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.