Jan 4, 2012

New Year's Resolution Final Results

Share:

The New Year's Resolutions Event is now over and the votes are in. You will get the following popup as soon as you to Mafia Wars. In first place is Ms. PAC Party with 44% of the votes followed by the Party Shadow King and Party Astronaut.
In a statistically driven game like Mafia Wars, I found it odd that Zynga failed to list the exact number of votes and chose percentages. Maybe they are embarrassed by the numbers. I turned in a vote from an energy account when there were 5 minutes remaining. Ms. PAC Party had 749,868 votes.
Fortunately we have Team Spockholm and they know what the players want. The Resolutions Vote Analyze is still operational at the time of this post so we know exactly how many votes were placed. This event generated a total of 1,687,768 votes and the percentage given by Zynga are accurate. Ms. PAC got 44.45%, the Shadow King 19.36% and the Astronaut got 26.23%. The remaining three items accounted for 9.96% of the vote.
I was able to fully complete the event 2 times and completed most of the tasks on the third go around. I ended up with a total of 40 votes. Players who completed the event once and used all of their daily free votes should have had a total of 17 votes.
It's a good idea to verify that the items are in your inventory with their new stats. The Inventory History Spocklet picked up the changes.
The are accurately reflected in my inventory and I can say this event involved the community and most players enjoyed it.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

11 comments:

  1. i really wonder how many players are left...

    with an average of 20 votes per account:

    1687768 / 20= 84388 estimated ACCOUNTS left.

    provided that most players have at least 2 accounts:

    84388/2 = estimated 42194 players.

    and this is a very optimistic calculation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that many votes it is easy to tell that not many are playing Mafia Wars anymore.Some players are on again and off again like they are having hot flashes.I would like to see this game grow but without everyones encouragement to newer players and the attitude of being less greedy this game could vanish :((

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I can say this event involved the community and most players enjoyed it." I disagree. The event was much too hard to fully complete for many players. I am a level 1500+ and could not complete the Brazil ices. It was impossible for lower-level players to complete many of the other tasks, and it was not fair to players with small mafias, as 50 mafia members was the absolute minumum number needed to complete the wall posts for mission help. I found this event very frustrating; think what a lower-level player must have thought!

    If Zynga makes the tasks impossible to complete, players will be discouraged and quit the game. They are turning the game into a job, rather than a game, for most higher level players, and making it impossible for those at lower levels to do the tasks they ask us to do. This is no way to retain players, except for very high level players with stamina accounts, and it is certainly no way to attract new players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're lvl 1500 and could'nt finish this event once then there's something wrong with you. New players have to earn their way to completing things. When I started I didn't finish everything. Build up you character pal, stop whining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is obvious that the new player ship has sailed. Zynga is more worried about pushing new games hoping to cash in on the initial rush of new players. Even MW2 (which I haven't spent one second on) isn't even doing all that hot.
    I doubt many MW players are going to jump into any other Zynga games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I can say this event involved the community and most players enjoyed it." I disagree too.

    I am level 1600 who has a fairly even gamplay and only managed to complete 5 of the tasks as my priorities have to be the family tasks to complete first, especially being GM of a Family. Didn't help that i was off for the best part of 2 days with it being New Year and with family commitments but even then it would have been impossible to get all after completing the other things i had to do. Know of many others who felt the same also....

    ReplyDelete
  7. u said wrong bro i m atul vij :D
    u said
    Fortunately we have Team Spockholm and they know what the players want. The Resolutions Vote Analyze is still operational at the time of this post so we know exactly how many votes were placed. This event generated a total of 1,687,768 votes and the percentage given by Zynga are accurate. Ms. PAC got 44.45%, the Shadow King 19.36% and the Astronaut got 26.23%. The remaining three items accounted for 9.96% of the vote.
    astranaut didnt got more thn shadow king i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a small mafia so could not complete the social tasks. I'm okay with that, but what makes this unfair is that I then cannot repeat the other tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ended with 14 votes. Thanks to you I put them all to your Jana. If nothing else I at least got the best possible loot.
    yours faithfully
    tq

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was thanks to your earlier post that I swapped from the Shadow King to Ms. Pac Party and came out on top with 12 votes! Didn't think that was too bad for a Level 969 :) I post your links to our clan page each day .. thank you for all that you do .. I read you religiously each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a rather large mafia, filled with daily players, and I hated this stupid feature. There was nothing fun about it. If I wanted to waste my stamina robbing I would rob. If I wanted to burn stamina fighting in Chicago or Brazil where it costs me 5 times as much to hit someone, I would do it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.