Jan 19, 2012

Mafia Poker Extended by 1 Day

Share:

Zynga has extended the Mafia Poker Event by 1 Day. This would have been nice for many to know before they accepted their gifts for the day and not after.
Today
Yesterday
I need 40 more wins to make it to the next level and one day of gifts won't be enough. Had I known about the extension before I accepted my gifts for today, I would have been able to make it. To see if the extension will help you, figure out how many more gifts you can accept and divide that number by 5. I will be able to accept 250 gifts at 12am so I could play 50 more games. To reach the Ruby Level, I need 40 more wins. The win/lose ratio has been pretty close to 50% so there is no need for me to try because I won't be able to accept enough cards.
Depending on the source, the reasons for the extension are very different. The Mafia Wars Blog claims the it was granted because "Many of you have asked" (1).
Many of you have asked us to extend this season of Mafia Poker, so we've gone ahead & done just that - extended it by a day to allow you to further master the event. The season will now end at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) on 1/20/2012, so keep challenging Juliana to games and trying your Hand against hers!
- The Mafia Wars Team


Customer Support displays more realism and admits that it was because of a technical issue (1): "Due to an update that was being made to our systems today, there was an issue with Mafia Poker cards in Player's ZMC that were converting to Mystery Bags upon being accepted." 
I saw many complain of the Mafia Wars Loot Lady Fan Page when Poker Cards were turning into Mystery Bags. I'm glad Zynga extended the event for those who wasted Poker Cards.

Thanks to Niko Perrin for the screen shot above.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

5 comments:

  1. i really appreciate that u keep us posted on these things. its too bad zynga doesn't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i appreciate you telling us about these things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for me, just need 7 wins to Emerald and reached daily gift limit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figures. I could have mastered the emerald level had I known about this yesterday. I determined that I couldn't collect enough cards to win the 47 hands I needed to win so I stopped playing. Thanks for nothing zynga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I may have been able to make Ruby had I been able to accept 250 gifts tonight at midnight.....Looks like Zynga in their infinite wisdom wants you to lose....I was only able to accept 150...so much for relying on consistency!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.