Dec 21, 2011

Farewell to the Loyalty Program

Share:

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Zynga is planning to shut down the Loyalty Program in the very near future. I'm not 100% on this but it wouldn't surprise me at all. They admitted it would probably happen on Mafia Wars Live and they haven't updated the thing for a very long time. I don't know to what extent it will be removed. I'm sure they will remove the items you can buy with Loyalty Points but it's not so clear what will happen to the status ranking on each players profile.
I currently have 37,496 Loyalty Points. I was checking the Marketplace to see if there was anything useful I could spend them on. It seems boosts are the only viable option.
I don't consider fight boosts to be very helpful unless the person you are attacking (or defending) has similar stats to you. I can't control when people attack me so I have no interest in defense boosts. The Blackjack Boost provides +50 to your attack skill for one fight and you can purchase 250 of them for 500 Loyalty Points.
I could sit there and click the "Purchase 250 more for 500 Loyalty Points" button 75 times to use up all my Loyalty Points but I don't really want these boosts. I'll probably wait and see if Zynga is going to offer us something better once they officially announce that the Loyalty Program is going to shut down. It wouldn't be unlike them to just pull it without a heads up so I don't know what to recommend. I think it's crappy that they don't offer any good benefits to players who do spend money on the game. Players who spend money are the only reason Mafia Wars is still here. As more and more quit or stop spending money the more likely the game will die.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

11 comments:

  1. Yea the only ones that the Loyalty Program would help with is the lower levels, theres nothing there for anyone else. Mafia Wars is becoming a game that only people that has the extra money to spend can get anywhere in the game and keep up, I'm level 1600+ and finding it harder and harder to beat people 500 levels below me, really considering quitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the things Zynga has pulled with this game, this loyalty program bears by far my biggest grudge. They promised if we got a certain number of loyalty points within a certain period (I think it was 3 months) we would get some big reward. I don't remember anymore what the reward was. What I do remember, is that I spent quite a bit of effort making sure I collected the required points within the required time, and so did many others, and we all got nothing. They just swept it under the rug and never gave out a thing. That was when I swore never to buy RP again, and I never have. I'm still bitter about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I'll waste some time & build the trinkets for trade..wouldnt that mean then we can expect 3 alt vehicle builds in the chop shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. zynga are u mad....... with no guage or badge of merit in spending aside from the skills dolled out how do we boast or guage the other players....what of the players spending the last year buying game cards to one day be platinum....what of me one day dreaming of attaining diamond tier..what of the harbinger rifle the last temptation of mafia wars a $10,000 dollar virtual rifle.......how else will it be attained..........Dumb asses... look at the loyalty program update the loot, u should upgrade the gold, platinum AND diamond guns to reflect the awesomeness of the past (when i got gold rifle other than mastery items the best items in teh game were less than 70 att/def......gold gun is 160 / 120..... this is why they must pull the structure of the loyalty program....the loot is dead.....with new loot drops of items around 200 a/d how can they drop the harbinger at 10k dollars as being the top of mafia wars.......sure kill the status renew it and bring out something else for us to try and attain

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the first anon who said he's a level 1600 who can't win against players 500 levels below him...as in life, there is always someone stronger be it by physical strength or in the wallet. Your post sounds a lil whiney...

    To Jen, thanks for the heads up. I've gotta ask if your "reliable source" can mention anything about the fight club? Will it also be gone? it's sadly in need of an update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple solution to revive the program - go into the back of the system and double the value of all loot that's unique to the Loyalty Program, including the tier rewards. Insignificant cost to Zynga and the potential to regenerate enough interest in the program to garner some new revenue as well as retain some older players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous said...
    Yea the only ones that the Loyalty Program would help with is the lower levels, theres nothing there for anyone else.

    I say.... I'm a level 1700 and I use the loyalty points to buy the energy packs, try not to generalise in future, huh?

    I'm not even going to comment on your statement about struggling to beat players 500 levels under you, :) Oh, I just did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous said...

    Anonymous said...
    Yea the only ones that the Loyalty Program would help with is the lower levels, theres nothing there for anyone else.

    I say.... I'm a level 1700 and I use the loyalty points to buy the energy packs, try not to generalise in future, huh?

    No you don't....energy packs are not in the loyalty program. They are in the Fight Club.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the Loyalty program is going away. Translation: f*** you to all the players who supported us. What a sad commentary on the state of Zynga & MW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. its funny to purchase so much money and bulls... in the programm. im gold, but what can i get? car parts or so,lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. On the first anon...i have to say that however 'whiny' he may sound to others...it is true. Accounts that 'come up' in the game cannot beat the accounts that are gifted loot above their level. u cant deny that.
    Loot in the loyalty program needs to be updated with loot & exchange rates that benefit every1, high & low. With all the effort players have put in collecting points it'd really be a slap in the face *v*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.