Nov 17, 2011

New Warning Popup

Share:

A new warning popup was found in the back code of the game and several players have reported getting it. Ironically many of these players weren't even playing for very long. I'm working on getting more information about it.
The warning states the following:

ACCOUNT NOTICE:

Dear Mafia Wars player,

Your account has been flagged for continuous play. You must log off periodically or you may be subject to in-game penalties.
If you have any questions, please visit this FAQ or contact our Customer Support team and reference this message, "MWContinuousPlay," in your email.

Thank you for being a devoted Mafia Wars player.

Sincerely,
The Mafia Wars Team

Thanks to the author of the Mafia Wars Secrets Blog for this find.

UPDATE: One player who got this warning message reported it on the forums. There is no moderator response but I will be looking for one and update.

  #1   Report Post  
Unread Yesterday, 10:57 PM
New to the Forums
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 30
Thumbs down Flagged for continuous play!?

WTF??? Anyone else get this? "Dear Mafia Wars player,
Your account has been flagged for continuous play. You must log off periodically or you may be subject to in-game penalties.
If you have any questions, please visit this FAQ or contact our Customer Support team and reference this message, "MWContinuousPlay," in your email.
Thank you for being a devoted Mafia Wars player.

Sincerely,
The Mafia Wars Team "


It's not from fighting since I rarely bother with that anymore.
I've had a MW tab open in my browser since 11 am this morning. This apparently constitutes continuous play? Since when? I often leave a tab up so I can respond to mafia requests after my energy runs out. Now it is a crime for which I might receive a penalty? Just one more reason to quit.




My response to Customer support: I am incredulous that MW would send me such a message. Just one look at how long I have been playing (over two years I think) and my level (currently around 860) would show that I do not use any type of bot or robo play. Just leaving the game open in a tab on my browser has never before merited any sort of abuse penalty. The threat in your email about imposing a penalty is unfounded and unfair.

I am ready to quit unless you back off from making these kind of false charges against players. No more buying reward points from me!


Has anyone else received an unwarranted warning like this? Could someone else be shadowing my acct? I'm no computer geek. I don't know how to write a script or use a bot.

Insight appreciated

Perronelle

BTW it was an in game pop-up notice. Not an email.

Last edited by perronelle; Yesterday at 11:18 PM.


Thanks to Sandy Robinson for the forum link.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

17 comments:

  1. People are getting this message, and some have gotten it when logging on for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine just got that warning a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as is typical with Zynga, it's not working properly. One of our members just got the message when he logged in tonight. Hasnt been on his account in over 12hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got one-does that mean I'm first? Yippeeee!!!!sarcasm was definitely intended btw. What else are they going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! so after getting flagged they say "Thank you for being a devoted Mafia Wars player.
    " typical of these clowns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got it after being logged in for less than 3 hours and over 12 hours since the last log-in.... They want us to play 24/7 and then this.... FUC them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly , most the people i know are to the point they would look at it as a blessing to get there accounts killed.

    Zynga has screwed up this game so bad the only fun part about it anymore is the banter that takes place outside the game with the friends we have made along the way , and we don't need Zynga and there retardation to carry on them friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I don't feel so alone. I got this message too, and hadn't been on MW for over 6 hours. Are they upset with me because I won't pay $$ for reward points?

    ReplyDelete
  9. just can't wait for the DAY when the DAU/MAU drop to 500.000 and 1.000.000 respectively. wake the hell up Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for playing, but you play too much... Customer Service is no help on this on. This warning should not exist. You almost have to play 24/7 to keep up with all their events... Retarded...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go to Home on Facebook, on the left side are all applications, next to Mafia Wars there is a pencil click on that and the option: "remove app" will appear.
    After that you go to the search field on Facebook and look for Mafia Wars.
    And re-add...

    You won't loose any info from Zynga servers as they don't delete info for 3months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That guy that said another reason to quit... just f***ing quit already! you 1 of hundreds that say it. You sound like and old age pensioner and the price of bread has gone up 1 cent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I left my mw window tab open until the next morning, I didn't get any warning on 18 nov morning? Any ideas why?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's baack I just got it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep ! Just got it too...
    I wasn't even playing since hours... Just had an idle MW window open..o.O

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got it...hadn't played for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just got this warning after leaving the computer on all night, this is complete BS.. does anyone have a solution aside from talking to zynga

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.