Sep 5, 2011

Bribes & Lies For Reward Point Purchases

Share:

Some players are reporting a popup which claims the recipient has "unlocked a Marketplace Sale". There is a little false advertising as well. You can see it says "All Items int he Marketplace are now 30% off" but all their example items are only 28% off. The fine print also states that only the first 85 Reward Points you purchase can be used on the sale items. They also say the sale will last 24 hours from the time you get the popup. This sounds like a gimmick to me.
I routinely purchase Reward Points and I haven't gotten this offer and I've never gotten the offer for 24 free Skill Points either. This one is also still active as I got it on a different account a few moments ago. I guess they don't need to bribe existing customers. I just may stop buying them as nothing in my game, such as my current gifting event, seems to work.

Thanks to Terry Moneymaker for the screen shot of an offer I will probably never get.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

4 comments:

  1. they never done a single thing right, why start now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you need to trigger the 25 Free Skills pop up, both times I have had it, I have click on a few RP options like 85 and less, then closed the buy RP pop up. Seconds Later the 25 Free skills pops up, seems you can only get it every few weeks tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. theory , is when everything works well and nobody knows why
    practice , is when everything is broken and everyone knows why
    Zynga combine the two things
    everything is broken and nobody at Zynga knows why

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.