Aug 25, 2011

Stop The Power Pack "Experiment"

Share:

When the news broke about the Power Pack nerf, players were not happy. Especially the ones who never got them in the first place. Zynga did a good job of telling us all about the Power Packs and how to use them. At no point did they mention they were being tested and there were phases to come. The only negative thing mentioned was that they were on a slow roll (1).  Out of no where came the disappointing news that they were changed into something less favorable for the players (1). The terminology used for this is a "Power Pack Experiment". By now we should all be experts at spotting nerfs and this is exactly what happened.

We are now entering Phase 2 of the Power Pack experiment! Power Packs can be considered an upgraded Stamina Pack, so we're excited to figure out the proper balance for this powerful feature.


The balance of energy and stamina in Mafia Wars is skewed.  Many don't understand why we get a 125% energy refill every 8 hours along with the two 100% refills available in the Fight Club yet there are more features in the game focused on using stamina.  There are currently 3 permanent features that require stamina utilization yet they reduced the amount of stamina available to the players.  If this is an evil plan to get players to buy Stamina Refills from the Marketplace, it probably won't work.  The more pissed off players get, the less likely they are to spend money and the more likely they are to quit.
Misty started a thread on Get Satisfaction asking that Power Packs be returned to their original state. I'm sure Zynga already knows we would like for this to happen but numbers talk. The Moderators, Cerulean Master and Rinzler, are the players friends as they are players too. They can easily report to the development team that the players want the Power Packs back but it's more effective if they have numbers to support their claim. It's important that you like click both the Facebook and the  +1 located at the bottom of the post. Commenting is even more effective.  All these numbers are included in the developer reports. Clicking the +1 will help to keep the thread on top of the list of popular topics and increase the chances that it gets noticed.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

9 comments:

  1. I do not or have ever had the power packs and to make things even worse Zynga disable my remaining stamina packs... I wrote to support asking for something to be done.. either give me power packs or fix my stamina packs. Here is their dumb answer to me.

    "In regard to the Power Packs let me tell you that it is a Slow Release Feature. That does mean our Developers release it step by step to all the players because if the updating was made in all the accounts, the game network would crash all around the world!"

    I just wonder how stupid they think we are. No I will not open my wallet to buy stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd prefer stamina packs and for them to work like energy packs... storable. I hate that you have to use a stamina pack right away.

    Power packs suck. Health is cheap to refill, why waste booster packs on that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm getting tired of Zynga using players to betatest their sh*t! I mean, what kind-of third-rate money-grabbing company does that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have yet to see a power pack (except the couple that were sent to me and when opened morphed into blue mystery bags) and all my carefully hoarded stamina packs have now morphed into mystery boosts. I don't mind which format they take (although I have no use for the health boost), I just want one of them so I can return to my previous number of levels per day! I'm getting left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote CS about not having power packs or stamina packs and how it creates an uneven playing field and got the canned, standard email asking me to make sure I cleared my cache, etc. Obviously, they couldn't be bothered to actually read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just quit playing... except for a couple times I return gifts, I'm done

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have taken away the stamina packs and the power packs I never got either. You can't even gift a stamina pack anymore and they should have it out every 8 hours like the energy packs and right next to them too. We can gift as many energy packs as we want to someone and still send them a real gift as well. With the stamina packs we didn't even have a timer of when we could use it again and of course couldn't send anything else

    ReplyDelete
  8. Istill get powerpacks and stamina packs but i can't use either of them anymore... When i try to use either one all i get is a message i already used one and get a blue mysterybag instead!

    I haven't been able to use a powerpack OR stamina pack in three day's so how can i have used one :-P

    On top a that the powerpack options disapeared from my account after i was able to use them for about a day or two... Thanks zynga... For nothing!!! AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been able to use a stamina pack for many weeks now and I initially had power packs on the first day that these things were introduced however the entire option disappeared the same day and the option doesn't exist in my game at all. If I'm randomly sent one by a friend, it's a blue mystery bag and they get one in return.

    I contacted Zynga, they have not responded.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.