Jul 18, 2011

The Raven: Round #3

Share:

The started fighting as soon as I went to my Mafia Wars account today because I knew it had been over 3 days since I defeated The Raven for the second time (1). It took 3hours 37 min, 142 ices, 18 Kills and 11,626 stamina to get him to appear. Since I took a screen shot the last time I defeated him, I was able to calculate that it took him 3 days 12 hours and 39 min to show up.
I didn't have a lot of Ammo and only 8 hours to farm for more.
Robbing dropped Bloody Knuckles at a rate of 1 per 1,004 stamina.

Robbing
16,066 Stamina
16 Crack of the Bats
Brazil jobs had nearly a 100% drop rate and I used my Lockpick bonus to get double on a mid range job.
Once my Brazil Crew bonus ran out, I went back to the last job in District 8 because of the Ruby Level Loot Event.
Fighting is a whole different story. The Bloody Knuckles dropped at an ok rate but the drop rate for Sniper Shots was 0%. I fought in different destinations and tracked my ices rather than my stamina since we were told Sniper Shots were supposed to drop when you got an ice. I estimate that I went through about 30-40K stamina. I didn't get any Sniper Shots and was not too happy about it.

Fighting
344 Ices/38Kills
0 Sniper Shots/39 Bloody Knuckles
When I had a little over an hour left to defeat The Raven, I decided to give up on Sniper Shots and purchased 10 from the Marketplace.
I was ready to start the fight and had 16 Crack of the Bats, 50 Knife Slashes, 41 Bloody Knuckles and the 10 Sniper Shots I had to purchase.
We are suppose to have 6 different Red Combos but so far only one of them works (please comment if you have found others). Knowing the combo that does the most damage, I made sure that all my attacks followed the combo pattern below and document the total damage per combo. In addition to the combo damage, you also do a smaller amount of damage with each attack. I added the additional damage to the Combo Bonus in the chart below.
It took 14 rounds of the Red Combo to beat The Raven. Since two Sniper Shots are required for each combo, I had to purchase 3 rounds of 10 Sniper Shots from the Marketplace and used 30 Reward Points.


Combo Attack
Total Damage
Health
Start=55,000
Reward Points
1
4,091
50,909
10
2
3,894
47,015
3
3,875
43,140
4
3,985
39,155
5
4,119
35,036
6
4,055
30,981
10
7
3,889
27,092
8
3,948
23,144
9
4,111
19,033
10
3,847
15,186
11
3,921
11,265
10
12
3,859
7,406
13
4,034
3,372
14
3,372 +
0


I got one more Raven towards my Requiescat in Pace Centesimus achievement (what a stupid name!) and at this pace I should get in sometime before June of next year. If I spend 30 Reward Points a pop, I'll end up spending 2,910 Reward Points total. I don't think it's right that Sniper Shots don't drop and I'm hoping this is a bug that the developers are working hard to fix.
If you don't want to wait an whole year to get a achievement or have issues with this Boss Fight, please go to this Get Satisfaction Idea and have your say. So far 349 people like my idea. If this achievement wasn't going to take so long or they would fix the issues that are forcing players to spend Reward Points, the player base as a whole would be much happier. I know the What's After Trillion can take just as long but at least we have the choice to work on that one every day and not every three days.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

17 comments:

  1. Robbing : 16,066 Stamina = 16 Crack of the Bats, thx no... 16066 stamina is amount from 7lvls for me... from 16k stamina drop me so many new FHEL items > better then 1 fu..ing item :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to tell you, developers are not working on the sniper shots issue.
    Support has told me multiple times that shots are dropping as intended (yes this 0% ridiculous rate) and the event should be hard and challenging blabla.
    In short, it is made for milking RP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop nagging and read the info there giving us!

    (It may take days or weeks for you to collect enough. This is by design.)

    on the official site!

    all that negative attitude makes people QUIT.
    and ofc you wont post this

    ReplyDelete
  4. days and weeks? so to do thsi achievmenst, we'll 10 years

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say the same I said before, they do drop but usually have a max of 5-6 droppings per day, so yes, you are going to need at least 9 days to beat Raven once without RPs. Worst thing is, that even though people nag and nag, they will still buy the sniper shots for RPs (if they have them) to beat him every time they encounter him, like the lootlady did here and like she will do next time, just because they don't want to fall behind on loot items from the rest of players. Well, I personally am not going to buy any RPs for this scam and that's definite and in my opinion more players should ignore the RPs on Raven, but of course not him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the achievement, the only thing that is wrong here is the scam with sniper shots, and if people shouted against it not against the achievement which is actually ok, than perhaps the event would turn out good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i sik of dis rubish raven just let it go dont need to talk no more 3 weeks zynga triks us with this let start talk abot brazil loot giftable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at it from their standpoint. They are trying to go through an IPO. They have stated that most of their money comes from a very small percentage of "whales." So, how can they increase revenue to make the IPO more viable and the company more interesting to investors? Get more people to spend money on their product. So, if you want those achievements, you better be ready to spend some money. Otherwise, those will just be faded boxes on your achievements. I think those and the "find a rare item" will always be faded for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To hell with this Raven!
    Without sniper shot you cant beat him, and you cant have sniper shot other than 4, which zynga gives ya..
    And no RPs to buy them...
    So it is a waste!!!

    MAsud

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear last anon, our main grudge lies with absurd achievement.
    Days and weeks preparing for a single unique boss, no problem. Even ten times achievement is ok, it takes time, just like 1000 slots spins for example.
    But "weeks" TIMES HUNDRED is absurd, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry, last reply was addressed to [A.F.H] not "last anon"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got the first achievement and have no intention of wasting more RPs to do the next one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Screw this, I'm just gonna completely ignore the Raven and once enough people do, Zynga should realize people don't like this shit. If that's supposed the progression of "Boss Fights", then no thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I play a lot and since this whole thing started have only dropped 2 sniper shots. Obviously an RP grab... I will not be participating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 6 Sniper Shots dropped .. used 5k+ Stam .. 17 Iced .. 2 Killed .. Dunn remember where they dropped though .. had none when Raven came up :O ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me, I got 24 Bats from using ~10K stamina on robbing.

    And Sniper Shot? I iced 100+ people but still got...ZERO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate how they've took the fun out of the original boss fights that i enjoyed so much and i remember so many people asking them to bring them back.

    When they finally brought them back they for some reason decided to "Improve" them.

    and now this, R.I.P Boss fights, you were a fun idea and event till you got ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's After Trillion should only take you a couple of months after completing Nest Egg, assuming you do nothing but fighting Cleto and can get at least 10 levels per day.
    It's nowhere near as bad as the minimum 300 days to win 100 Raven fights.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.