Jun 7, 2011

It's Raining Gems

Share:

UPDATE: Apparently the drop rate of gems was the result of a glitch. I assumed it was a combination of players not activating their Guardian bonus and having extra gems in their collection. There are rumors of a rollback. I would be happy to give up the gems and re-vault bonuses but at a time when new fighting loot was introduced, I did a lot more then just rob. if players get punished and their accounts get restored to a previous state because they just happened to be robbing, it won't seem fair. I've saved all my stats thanks to the Stats History bookmarklet. Zynga will have a very angry player base if they do blanket rollbacks. They will need to come up with a better solution.
______________________________________________________

A few posts down, I told you that Precious Gems finally started dropping from robbing. I was doing a robbing run to show the drop rates of the new fighting loot items and I also kept track of my Precious Gems. I only saw that one had dropped from my Robber BG Beta log but my jaw dropped when I went to my Brazil Collections Page. After I vaulted my initial Precious Gem collection, I haven't gotten many Precious Gems.
Before
After

I also did some manual robbing because it was fun to see all the gems I was robbing.
I also had a reason to activate the Scout bonus which points you in the right direction of where Precious Gems may be located.
You can see they were everywhere.
The Scout Bonus doesn't give you a 100% guarantee that there will be a Precious Gem available to be robbed, it just shows the spots that are most likely to have a gem for 3 robbing boards. Of the 8 spots highlighted on my robbing board, 2 of them yielded a gem.
Once I was satisfied that I had plenty of gems, I was excited to re-vault my collections so nobody could steal them. I had 11 sets, so I took screen shots of all my re-vault bonuses. When you re-vault the Precious Gems Collection, you will either get BRL$20,000, +10 Defense, +10 Attack or +50 Health. I could have done without the Real but you can see I did pretty good. 160 Skill Points were added to my character for the cost of a few stamina refills. It doesn't get much better than that.
If you have extras Precious Gems like I do, make sure you activate your Guardian bonus whenever you can. Most, if not all, players should now be able to activate their Guardian every 8 hours. In the mean time, I'm off to do more robbing as it's fun again!

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

21 comments:

  1. i think its fixed nw....no more gems are dropping while robbing? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the intel :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drop rate has been fixed and fixed is usually (in fact, always) decreased for Zynga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. robbing in Brazil gave me an XP / stamina ratio of 2,00, compared to NY where the same ratio is 2,7-2,8 usually, plus no WP /CP / AF / AP stolen from the properties just a few energy and stamina points

    ReplyDelete
  5. No gems dropping and no loot dropping now either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, Was this supposed to be happening only in Brazil? I was robbing all night long in NY and got 0, or is it that I got a lot but Zynga already took it away before I checked a few minutes ago...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand your rollback unfairness comment. We're talking about a rollback of a couple hours only, right? I don't recall any new fight loot being introduced any time in the last few weeks.

    Unfair would be allowing people to keep skill points they got as a result of a glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing has been rolled back yet and precious items won't drop without scout anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @shza fhel6 is dropping as of 6-7 hours ago... check your facts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I see that now. I should have checked my own inventory before posting that.

    I'd still rather see a blanket rollback than no rollback at all. It's not like we're not all going to max out on FHEL6 soon enough anyway, even if we're starting 6-7 hours later. Someone getting a glitched 160 (or potentially many more) skill points to beat me with in fighting is another story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again what I once said... you (and other MW sites) are not posting glitches any more. You enjoy them, exploit them and then write about them once they are fixed. Yes I know your answer... you are protecting us from rollbacks and banning. How funny... how selfish!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  12. no gem droping at all. just wasted another 10k stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  13. needless to say that I always sleep when there are these glitches, they hardly ever happen during European time Zones.

    But I have also NEVER had one gem drop during robbing, ever, scout activated or not, the only time I got gems was when collecting from my property or via daily takes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. why are so many people whining, either you got lucky and farmed some extra gems in which case yay for you or you didn't in which case so what? it's not a big deal. To roll back the people who had already vaulted the gems they farmed would be ridiculous and cause uproar as it's not loot they would be rolling back but stats and people made purchases during that time period.

    As for complaining that Jen intentionally witheld information until the glitch ended RUBBISH I found about the glitch from this blog and got a good few hours farming in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MWM blog posted it 2 hrs b4 the glitch gone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. all i can say is this is unfair and now many people have an advantage and i hope everyone gets rolled back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, this is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! There should absolutely be a rollback. In fact, it's "glitches" like this that make me want to quit the game. Blatantly unfair, so why bother?
    -- Dave Van

    ReplyDelete
  18. gotta say that I was able to re-vault 3 times last night and I would be outraged if they took back the 20 defense points I got...I found out about the glitch from people in my groups who regularly rob...I don't as I prefer to fight but last night, robbing was actually fun for a change...if you missed it, I am sorry for you but I don't feel that I got an unfair advantage over others who either didn't know about the glitch or were sleeping during it....there have been other glitches that I missed out on that others cashed in on...it's the nature of the beast.....sometimes when Zynga screws things up, it helps us; most times it doesn't and we all take a beating...it's gonna keep happening whenever they change parts of the game...maybe we get lucky , maybe we don't...

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bunch of whiny friggen bitches! Life isnt fair..deal with it already! Either that or go play Farmville..they can always use more idiots! Ever since this game was started, people have always found and exploited glitches. Zynga knows this and do you honestly think they care? They are making MONEY and that is what their sole purpose is.. People that piss and moan about this and that not being fair need to wake up. This isnt an energy acct. only game anymore. It is for serious players and fighters and for those that really do enjoy it. It is all you cry babies that are ruining it.. do us all a favor and quit so we can go back to having fun without having to listen to the B.S. about fairness!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am amazed when people bitch about this game "Mafia Wars" wait a minute I have a hard time putting rules and fairness with the word MAFIA.Just like "there is no crying in baseball" there are "no rules or fairness in Mafia"

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.