May 23, 2011

Marketplace Shams

Share:

UPDATE: I decided to contact Customer Support because I really wanted the Aquatic Vest. The agent was very nice and helpful. I was credited with the extra Reward Points that were taken from my balance from purchasing a sale item and was given two Aquatic Vests.
______________________________________________________

We often see things go on sale for one hour in the Marketplace. I'm usually not tempted but on occasion it's a nice bonus when the item I would be buying anyways is on sale.
I purchased a Stamina Refill and was happy to see it was on sale. I had plenty of time left in the hour so there was no need for me to rush. I took the time to take a screen shot of my Reward Point balance because in the past I was charged the full price for items that were advertised on sale. Others have reported having the same problem. There were 36 minutes left of the one hour sale and I had 345 Reward Points.
You can see from the image below that my stamina refill actually cost me 10 Reward Points. I could go to Customer Support and I'm sure they would credit the difference but that's a pain in the ass. I play Mafia Wars because I enjoy it and having to do a bunch of extra work every time something goes wrong is not my idea of fun.
I also made a purchase of over 86 Reward Points because they were on sale for 40% off. I didn't get Aquatic Vest as promised by the popup. Either they are no longer offering it in conjunction with a discount or it was an error I will have to go to Customer Support over. I guess I should wait for one more thing to go wrong tonight  and kill three birds with one stone.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

6 comments:

  1. I signed up for netflix and didn't get the 144 RP's. When I emailed customer support they told me I had to take it up with netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens to me too last day. I purchased 3 crates from 35 for 30 in a hour sale but...35 are discounted from my acc. :(
    Optimus Prime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with Hourly Sale items all the time and it really pisses me off. You would think the programming would be pretty set in stone as it's something that hasn't changed, but no, they figured out a way to mess that up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should report Zynga to the BBB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I purchase reward points I purchase the credits from Facebook to do so as those credits are also discounted. I end up buying at a 48% discount instead of the %40 just through Zynga. -Lonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same thing happen to me with a 1000 RP purchase. No aquatic vest. I reported the problem and them gave me some lame ass cutters. Not the aquatic vest as was advertised. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.