Jan 21, 2011

Loyalty Program Change

Share:

Go to the Marketplace and check out the Loyalty Program tab.  You will notice your progress bar is a little different. Before it gave you the percentage you needed to get to the next level. Now it tells you what percentage of your current level you are at. Here is mine. I find it odd that I haven't purchased many Reward Points since the implementation of the Loyalty Program yet I'm 92% of the way to being at the Platinum level. I'm not exaggerating either!  Those "earned" Loyalty Points are counting for something.
BEFORE
AFTER
Some players have a "Tiers to Reach XXX Status" stat included. I'm not going to even try to figure out what that could mean as I see no correlation between it and the percentage. Thanks to Karl Saunders for e-mailing me this image from his account.  He also included his sub account which doesn't have this stat and says he has never purchased Reward Points for either account and plays them both about the same amount of time.  Both accounts were around the same level towards the next level before the change. We can see on the first image that the progress bar is documenting hi progress to the next Tier of the Emerald Level and not to the Gold Level.  I imagine we will all see this change and maybe it's another slow roll out.
Main Account
Energy Account
I don't think anything else has changed. The last update to the Customer Support Loyalty Program 411 and FAQ Page was on Jan 10th.
Everyone wants to know "How much do I need to spend to get to the next level". That can't really be answered because there is some type of secret formula involved. Mike Nestor took advantage of the last 40% off Reward Point sale and documented his progress before and after a 700 Reward Point purchase.  He got 16 percentage points closer to the Gold Level and 90 Loyalty Points.
BEFORE
AFTER
Mike did some math for us and came up with the following calculations.

Each RP that you buy is worth around a .177777% increase on the LP meter, and the earned in-game LP's will net you around a  .017777% increase on the LP meter.  This is on the Emerald level.   

Another thing to consider is that when you buy a Zynga eCard (formally called a gift card), you get more Reward Points and Loyalty Points than you would for a purchase using Facebook Credits. Notice they also give a 30% discount to Citibank cardholders.  You also get a loot items so if Reward Points aren't 40% off , this is a better way to buy them.  A normal $50 purchase will get you about 215 Reward Points, 50 Loyalty Points and no loot. A $50 eCard purchase will get you around 307 Reward Points, 100 Loyalty Points and 3 Boulder Breakers.
Here are the Loyalty Points and loot received from redeeming a 50 dollar eCard. That's twice the amount per dollar what Mike got from the purchase above. 

Thanks to Mike Nestor for the screen shots and Adriana Drudik for letting me know about the Marketplace change.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

6 comments:

  1. nice! thanks for sharing this info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine from 73% it went down to 27%..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. I thought i was getting a better deal from buying the FB cards instead of the Zynga game cards at stores (you get to take advantage of Zynga discounts with FB cards...not Zynga MW cards). Looks like e-cards seem the way to go..but it won't be an option for me at this time. Wish the FB cards got the same discounts :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each dollar that you spend on emerald is worth around 0.1777% increase on the Meter.

    Not Each RP that you buy.

    If you are going by 'R'eward 'P'oint,
    On emerald Level, it is 0.022857%
    Do the Math...
    0.022857 X 700 =1 15.999%
    or about 16% increase.

    Now for dollars:
    .177777 X 90 = 15.99993%
    or about 16% increase.

    /Nemesis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Subject
    MW/ LP/ RPT/ 01/ 21/ 2011 Hello I would like 2 know what I have to do? To be a Diamond Player I been Plati...

    Discussion Thread
    Response (Mirna B.) 01/24/2011 03:36 AM
    Hello Brent,

    Thanks for contacting Zynga Customer Support.

    My name is Mirna and I'll be more than happy to assist you. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Loyalty Program and for the delay in our response, I'm a daily player too and I know that this could be really frustrating. Brent, let me kindly ask you if you're still experiencing this issue in order to provided you with further assistance.

    I'll be waiting for your response.

    Kind regards,
    Mirna B.
    Zynga Customer Support
    Customer (Brent Taylor) 01/21/2011 11:09 AM
    Hello I would like 2 know what I have to do? To be a Diamond Player I been Platium for Ever, I keep buying! and buying! but nothing happens..... ? I know I have spent at least 2500$ with Yall maybe more could Yall look it to this and give me some Good Info I think I have done MORE THAN my Part ++ on the Loyalty Points Program and I would like to be Recognized for it .Brent t.

    Have you tried our latest game, CityVille?
    [---001:001058:40648---]
    K I was Platium with 58% from maxing out to Diamond I tought?? I keep up all my Loyalty PointS Plus up to 5 times more. AND IT JUST DROP DOWN in the low 30's % ??? Yall have that screen shot from the other day k.Now just sent yall ANOTHER that shows it jump up 2 69%OVER NIGHT K That's Crazy. I want my Diamond STATUS!!! I don't know Alot of players who spend OVER 2000$ plus on GOD FATHER POINTS like ME YALL can see this is wrong I have done my part Playing and Buying GOD FATHER POINTS 2000$ plus is a bunch of Money I Think ...... SO I WANT to BE Recognized!!!!! for it as I should have been a long thim ago there's noway I can drop from 58% down 2 low 30's and it does not move no matter how much Money I spend with Yall ,then from the first message and Srceen shot Yall got on the first message up two 69% in this New screen shot I have all me proff Please Give me my DIAMOND status ..AND would like some God Father Points for all my Trouble getting back 2 me Platium stats says around 1 hour. I'm watching my e-mail !! I hope we can get this FIX I will be playing and buying more god father point then for years 2 come thanks very much Brent T. tyall mw/lp/rpt/01.24.2011.Subject MW/ LP/ RPT/ 01/ 21/ 2011 Hello I would like 2 know what I have to do? ...

    Discussion Thread
    Response (Rene M.) 01/24/2011 06:57 AM
    Hello Brent,

    We appreciate your support for our new Loyalty Program.

    The Diamond Club is the rarest Mafia Wars status that a player can obtain. It is by invitation only and offers benefits that are only extended to select Platinum players. In order to protect the privacy of our existing Diamond Club members, we cannot disclose the amount needed to join. You may qualify by continuing to purchase Reward Points and being an active player.

    You will receive an invitation should you qualify for the Diamond Club.

    Thank you very much for being a valued Mafia Wars player.

    Kind regards,


    Rene M.
    Zynga Customer Support

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought a $50 for $35 using this offer. You don't have to pay with a citi card, just use the first digits (you can use this info to pass along to other players that may not have a citi card)

    I bought it this morning and redeem the card now that MW is giving credits at 30% off.. I wanted to see if I could qualify for an extra offer, which I did... I ended up getting 307 Reward Points for $35... not bad... oh! I also got the 3 boulder breaker trucks..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.