Sep 15, 2010

Marketplace Glitch: Zynga's Solution

Share:

Yesterday I told you about a the Marketplace Glitch.  Myself and many other players had some fun buying bundles that mistakenly contained Loyalty Program loot items.  As I predicted, Zynga didn't like this too much and today they did something about it.  They took back the Loyalty Program loot items and we were given all of our Reward Points back.  I was very surprised that we were able to keep all the skill points that were purchased plus Zynga compensated us with 5 loot items called Safety First (65/32).  This is a weapon and the stats are really good.  Here is the explanation given on theZynga Customer Support Page.
(click any image to enlarge)
There is a Zynga Forum Board discussion thread where players discuss their feeling about this.  One player reports getting a pop-up that stated the following:
"Thank you for your recent purchase of a Defense or Attack Bundle on Mafia Wars. Due to a system glitch, your bundle contained Loyalty Item(s) that were not properly calibrated for the game. In order to preserve fairness in the game, we have removed the Loyalty item(s) and have fully refunded your purchase(s). We have also credited your account with 5 "Safety First" LE items (Attack 65/Defense 32).  We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.
Thank you for your understanding."- The Mafia Wars Team

I've been busy doing Districts 7 and 8 on my energy account and haven't played at all on my main since purchasing 8 of these bundles.  This is the perfect set up for me to compare my Reward Points, Skill Points, Attack/Defense Scores, and Inventory before and after they took back the Loyalty Program loot items. 
As promised, I got all my Reward Points back.  I somehow have 4 more Skill Points than I had.  I haven't played at all so I can't figure that one out.  The way Zynga handled the Tagged Glitch angered a lot of players.  I think this is a very fair and reasonable way to go about correcting a problem and upsetting their players.  I can understand them not wanting the loot reserved for the Loyalty Program out there in masses.  Since we got to keep the Skill Points and were compensated with a decent loot item, those who took advantage of the glitch got something for nothing.  Nobody should be complaining about that.

7 comments:

  1. I agree. Totally fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am angry if zynga take back skulker and etc, even if they give back RP to us, because in the middle of process I also click wrong bundle but got the wrong stupid item that cost me 107 RP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>>I somehow have 4 more Skill Points than I had.<<<<

    Might be from the new Vega achievement

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, pretty fair. I bought 10 bundles and still made out really good with the SP I got to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup... I got some bundles as well. I normally stay away from "glitches" that require me to use scripts, etc, to get them. But this one was clearly an error on zynga's part and I figured at the very least I would get the RP I spent back if they decided to address it. I'm happy with how they handled it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just imagine if 1 million spent real cash for this ??????????? do the math people they made millions and said it was a mistake LOL wow they gave u a few items who cares if u spent 10$ a real compentastion would be some extra cash in ur account like i said they made MILLIONS of this wake up people

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. i only spent 11 rp once and got 5 safety firsts in return. thanks zynga!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.