Aug 17, 2010

Mafia Wars U-Stream Channel

Share:

Mafia Wars now has it's own U-Stream Channel at http://www.ustream.tv/mafiawarslv.  I'm assuming this is where we will get to watch the truck blow up which according to the Vegas Visitor counter on my screen should be anytime.  I'm a little upset that I live right here in Las Vegas and I can't go investigate the Blowin' Up Event more.  I've contacted several people from Zynga to find out the location and have yet to get a response.  Makes me wonder if what we see will really be in Las Vegas.  There has been no mention of this on the local news.  Trust me when I say that people in Las Vegas just love to watch things blow up.  Every time they blow one of the older hotels to make room for a new one, it's a big deal and people come out to watch and every news channel is there.  There is no way this would go unnoticed by the Las Vegas News Media unless it really wasn't going to happen as they say.  I believe we will see another video just like the one that is posted now and in the end, the truck will blow up.  We should soon find out. 
There is nothing too exciting to see right now.  Just the Las Vegas Video that can be viewed right from our game.
The smart guys over at The Spockholm Mafia Tools Fan Site estimate that something should be happening in a couple of hours from now.  They also captured an exciting screen shot that I just had to share with you all.  Smart and funny!  Who wouldn't love The Spocks?
Special thanks to Simy0 for bringing this USTREAM Channel to my attention.  He is always giving me great information and I can't thank him enough.
About 10 minutes after posting the above article, the counter reached 10,000,000.  That was pretty fast.  Here is the image.  I'm glad we won't have to look at that annoying sparkly thing for much longer and hope they remove it from the game soon. 
UPDATE:  Thanks to all my smart readers and mafia members who pointed out the official rules that state if the counter reaches 10,000,000 prior to Aug 22, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM PDT, the Promotion will continue until this point in time.
The Official Mafia Wars YouTube Channel has added a new video but this one will put you to sleep.  The two "tourists" appear to be just as excited as I was.  I could tell from the background that this was taken on the Strip in Las Veags.



5 comments:

  1. In that dress she looks like she is taking a break between sets at a local club. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ‎(A) The moment that ten (10) million Mafia War players have played in Mafia Wars’ new city “Las Vegas,” provided, however, that if this event occurs prior to August 22, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM PDT, then the Promotion Period will continue until at least August 22, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM PDT, or
    (B) 11:59:59 PM PDT on August 31, 2010, regardless of the number of Mafia War players that have played “Las Vegas”.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need more information!
    I live in Las Vegas, also, and would LOVE to go see the event happen LIVE and in person.

    Zynga, I know you're listening.
    When and where, please? Make an event of it!


    Walt D in LV

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Snoop was placed squarely in front of Camera 1 I was kinda speechless. But not Steven Cooper. Here's his latest article, which includes the explosion scene -

    Mafia Wars: Snoop Dogg blows up (and gets in way)
    http://www.examiner.com/mafia-wars-in-national/mafia-wars-snoop-dogg

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article was written 2 days before the event. If you go to the home page you will find the one which also includes a video and screen shots of the explosion scene. I read Steven Coopers articles and reference them whenever they are relevant and are posted before mine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.