Jun 29, 2010

Mafia Wars Statistics

Share:

I'm sorry Zynga but Mafia Wars in and of itself is kind of boring.  What makes it fun are the communities that have stemmed because of the game.  Some of these communities include The Clans, The Traders, and The Script Users.  Zynga and Facebook are doing everything they can to complicate the foundations of these communities.  The Clans encounter problems because they make too many posts and post links for people to attack on their profile and war pages.  The Traders are having issues with delays in gifting and rumors of gifting limitations.  The Script Writers have trouble every time a change is made to the game and have to rewrite the scripts.  It's as if Zynga would like these communities to disappear.
I get very sad when I see messages from good friends and players announcing they are quitting the game.  My friend Kimberly Miller, an active fighter and very high level Mafia Wars player lost her Facebook account. It's believed that this was because of posting links on her wall for her mafia members to attack.  A few of my clan friends have had their accounts temporarily suspended because they made too many icing posts in a 24 hour time frame.  Things look good for Kimberly and her account should soon be reinstated but I'm sure this was a stressful experience.  My friend Josh Flores, a formerly active trader, wrote an excellent note detailing his reasons for laying off Mafia Wars and explaining why he now plays Superhero City (a non-Zynga game).  Click HERE to read his note.  Pete from The Spockholm Mafia Tools Fan Page made the following post and you can just feel the frustration he is experiencing.  He makes a valid point.  I sure don't want to be a "Click Monkey"
I don't understand how a script is written or what has to be done when the game changes but this will probably cause some problems for all of us.  Is this change really necessary?  If it's not broke, please don't attempt to fix it.  There are plenty of game elements that ARE broken and need to be fixed!  If you would like to add your 2 cents to this Zynga Forum Thread, click HERE.
I've also seen many players trying to sell their accounts.  Do theses guys sense a mass exodus coming in the near future?
I know this kind of stuff isn't just happening in my Mafia.  I love to review statistics and have found a few good sites that track the ones involved with Facebook Applications.  Thanks goes to the The Daily Post for bringing these sites to my attention.  You don't need to be a brilliant statistician to read the graphs and can visit the sites below anytime to get the most up to date information.  I've written about Mafia Wars Application Statistics in the past and they continue to drop.  The following graphs represent the data as of June 29, 2010. Ignore the giant dip in the all the graphs as it simply represents a point in time that no data was gathered and was entered as zero.  The first group comes from Facebreakers.
The Past 6 Months
The Past Month
 The Past 2 Weeks
The Past Week

The next group of graphs comes from All Facebook and shows the same pattern of decline.
Monthly Users
Weekly Users
Daily Users

This list below from All Facebook is interesting.  More people are playing Cafe World than Mafia Wars.  You can see here that Mafia Wars is no longer a growing application.  Many players are leaving and Zynga continues to do things to perpetuate the decline in active daily and monthly users.
If I quit playing Mafia Wars, I will go back to the games I used to play before I even had a Facebook Account.  I don't recall a time I ever worried about losing my accounts, my rankings, or finding the games I liked had changed.  Here are my Avatars for Pogo and Full Tilt Poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.