May 28, 2010

Adding Family Members

Share:

Because of the requirement to add new Mafia members for the London Challenge Mission many players are looking for people to add.  If you were like me, when you first started playing, you went to all the random "add me" groups to build your Mafia Wars family.  Once I knew what I was doing, I realized that a large percentage of my family didn't even play Mafia Wars.  How could this be???  My theory is that many of the profiles I added were spammers posing as Mafia Wars players.  They also go to the "add me" sites.  Now you are sending friend requests to them and they don't even have to do any work!!!!  Some Add Me sites screen the people they are asking you to add.  Just make sure you check the site out before you start adding and posting.  The Mystyfied Mafia Wars & Pimping Site has a good reputation and you will find many quality players there.  They weed out the bad seeds for you.  Another good way to add the smartest and most active Mafia Wars players to your family is to go to your favorite fan pages and add the people who are commenting on the wall posts.  If you go to the Facebook Fan Page section of this blog you will find many great fan pages to choose from.  Click on one of the links, read the posts, and send friend requests to the people who have added comments to the most recent posts.  Do NOT make a comment saying "Add Me".  This is considered spam by many and you may find yourself getting attacked both verbally and within the game.  It takes a little more time to do it this way but it will pay off.  Your news feeds will contain a lot more valuable information and your mafia will have many more strong players.
While I'm on the subject of spammers, many players get invitations to groups promising free reward points, weapons, skill points, etc.  These are also set up by spammers.  They ask you to invite all of your friends and if you do they will reward you for it.  Don't fall for this trap.
Here is a parody on this created by Chango Fumando.  You can read more about this group by clicking HERE.  I got a laugh out of it and hope you do too.  I wish I had read this when I was new to the game and didn't know any better.  While researching this group, I discovered a cool website called MWUnleashed, Home of ZCFU!.  The forums and blogs are a smarter version of the Zynga Forums as many of their members were/are active on the Official Zynga Forum boards.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, I appreciate that!
    ~Misty Dady
    Mistyfied Mafia Wars and Pimping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystified Mafia Wars and Pimping is the best site I have found in a year of looking. You do meet and can add mature players who know the ins and outs, and new players who want to learn the "right" way. Overall, you meet the best _people_, and that, along with the great information from Jinx, Mr. Wizard, and Misty, is what makes this site special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great info. Thank you. I'm finding much of the same. Altough I'm greatful for the loyal mates I have. Now just how do I clean up my team...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a new list for new friend requests and have been deleting a couple hundred at a time who are not on this list or others I have made. There is a script on the Spockholm page called List FB Friends. This will let you know who the mafia wars and non-mafia wars people are. I'm finding the mass random delete method is easier for me. I make posts to let my mafia members know that if I delete them all they have to do is send a new FR and I'll add them back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One certain way of adding MW-friends is looking in the FB-homepage, and find comments to your present MW-friends MW-postings. Then you know that you asking a active player, and the more recent the comment is made, the higher the chance of getting added fast becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is Misty Dady?????????

    ReplyDelete
  7. look harder...there is Good to be Family, Goddess of war and stone's...and they give out better prizes...such a silly statement to say its the best you found!! based on what? your an admin there...give me a break

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anonymous, this was written 6 months ago. If you have a quality site you would like me to mention, feel free to send it to me. I'm not an admin on Misty's Site and chose it at the time because it's a great site. I didn't even know Misty and chose it for it's quality. I have other articles about adding mafia as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.