May 20, 2011

A Great Injustice

Share:

Most of us saw a great improvement to fighting with the launch of Brazil. The 5 Attack button was a dream come true and the 25 Power Attack button brought euphoria to many players. The Brazil Fighting/Stamina Cost FAQ clarified things for us and lower level players learned they had something to strive for. The 5 Attack and 25 Power Attack buttons are only available to players over the level of 500.
For some players, there was a bit of bad news contained in the Customer Support document. We learned that the "feature" was on a slow roll out and it "may not be available to all of our players". They reiterate this answer with another question asking "When will this feature be available to all players?". Again we are told that the feature "will be rolled out slowly to our players to ensure the best experience possible".
We are used to slow roll outs and most players who are on the bottom end accept it knowing that soon they will also have a new feature. Something went wrong here as Brazil beta was launched on March 15th and was open to all players 9 days later. There are still players above the level of 500 who don't have the 5 Attack or 25 Attack buttons. They have patiently waited and now the second fighting event since the launch of Brazil is out. These players are at a disadvantage and are on a different playing field than other players at their level. How is this fair? Did a slow roll out become a stalled roll out? Brian is a level 790 and you can see he is in Brazil and has no 5 Attack or 25 Power Attack buttons. This image was taken today, over 2 months from the day this feature was available.
You can see I have the feature and getting high end fighting loot and icing players is a lot easier for me than for Brian and the others without it. It's a shame that Zynga hasn't released this feature to all players yet they offer events where it's a advantage to have it.
As an advocate for the needs of all players and not just my own, I addressed this issue during the last PAC meeting. I was happy that my question was viewed and responded to but there was a huge misunderstanding as to what I was asking. I thought I articulated myself well enough but the developers and some of the more vocal PAC members thought I was asking about the bug in which players were not getting 5 loot items in Brazil or they assumed the players I was referring to were below level 500. I'm making this post today because I finally found a player over level 500 who knows how to take a screen shot. Please comment here if you are in the same situation as Brian so we can show the balance in the playing field is off.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

26 comments:

  1. I am almost level 1700 and don't have the 25 attack option. CS has been no help at all in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Level 2650 and I still don't have the 5/25 attack. If you need a screenshot I can give you one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those affected, who don't have lvl. 20 fight mastery already, should consider themself lucky! The 5-stam-attack is counted as 1 fight towards that goal, the 25-stam-powerattack as 5 fights respectively. So, if you are not a Master Assassin, don't fight in Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am playing on one of those "forgotten servers".
    LVL 1684 - still got the 1/5 attack in Brazil. Burning through 10.000 stam daily and all I got so far: 149 Windswepts, 218 Talons, 208 Idle Hands, 242 Slipstreams. Most people with 5/25 attack were maxed out hours after fhel5 came out. okay, no biggie... but "rolling out features (?) slowly"??? Everytime Zynga makes mistakes (like the freighters in brazil) to their disadvantage, it's no problem for them to correct these mistakes fast. on every server! What's important here for zynga: why should I spend $$$ on a unbalanced game? Do they really believe I'll put out my CC to draw level to the other non-CC-players???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a level 62 fight mastery. I am getting ripped off because by now I should have all of the Level 5 FHEL. Customer service basically told me to get lost. Why would Zynga treat a 2 year player like this? I've asked several times to be put in contact with management, yet I'm just told to get lost. Does Zynga even have a customer service manager?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This doesnt effect me, what does bother me is the crew timers and limits though. I'm on an 18 hour timer, and others are on as low as 8 hours. Which means they get 40% Energy and Stam every time they collect in Brazil. And I only get it once a day! Zynga do their very best to unlevel the playing field and make you feel cheated with their every move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Level 2400+, got brazil early access, fight mastery level 50+ but still with 1/5 stam in brazil.. sent support tickets, live support chat but nothing CS can do.. been waiting but my patience is wearing thin..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got 4 Talons after 800 stam, I should get FIVE times that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Level 1866, and I have opened multiple tickets and have had several chat sessions. Still don't have the 5x/25x attack in Brazil. And yes I still don't have anywhere near the max in Level 5 FHEL. I opened initial tickets right after Brazil was released and still no fix in sight. CS is useless with their canned responses. I mean it should simply be a flag that you turn on in a database (yes I am a programmer for years). About ready to call it quits because they can't take two minutes to fix a simple problem yet continue to release events most could care less about...

    ReplyDelete
  10. There obviously isn't anybody in charge of customer service, and if there is, they don't care about customer service. At the very least they should credit us with 501 of each of the 5FHEL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I an level 1348, level 55 fight mastery and of course no 5x/25x in Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lvl 1200, fight mastery 62lvl, got beta brazil, never had the 5/25 attack. Sent CS e-mails - no luck there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sucks to be us man... 2 times i've talked to them and all they do is credit 10 rp each time... WTH!! i don't wan tthe rp i want the 5x loot and 5 stam per fight... :( C'MON ZYNGAA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lvl 1187 fight mastery 45 never had the 5/25

    can send screen shot if wanted when the @@#%%$ game works again

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this blog. Find about things I didn't even know existed! Level 808 and have never even seen a 5x/25x until the shots above. Now I understand how I get destroyed in 30 seconds.

    Also have never seen 5x loot in Brazil...would be nice as I have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this since day one but I'm not using it except for 50 free stamina bonus.
    I hate it because it uses 5 or 25 stamina and in statistics counts only as 1 (or 5) fights won. Untill this is "fixed" I'm not fighting in Brazil...
    tequila

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am level 770 and do not have the 5 Stamina fight and it is killing me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Level 1000 and i no have yet either . As mentioned above CS was no help2 months ago or a week ago . I was actually told " We don't know when everyone will have it , wish i could tell you. "

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am level 1069 (level 33 fighting) and have been playing for over 2 yrs and don'w have the 5/25 stamina fighting in Brazil. I have complained in chat and gotten people who claim to play the game but "do not know what you are talking about" I had one "customer service" woman tell me that it was because I was not the character fearless. I paid to change to fearless and of course nothing happened. I complained about that and nothing. I never got any RP like someone stated they had earlier in this post. I am ready to quit. It is tough to keep playing when the field is TILTED and Zynga's customer service needs some serious help.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Cathy.....I understand your frustration, I've played over 2 years now and have purchased reward points from time to time, as well as their charity items. I am at the point where I am about to quit. I'm sick of the canned and condescending responses from customer service. I wish Zynga would explain why they continually push for an uneven playing field.

    ReplyDelete
  21. postet earlier today (4th from the top)

    hm...believe it or not: NOW I have the 5/25. 5 minutes ago the buttons changed. nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. and if you aint got the 5/25, you miss approx 400 experience every time you use your mercenary in Brazil,= approx 24000 experince missed so far if you are a daily player :-(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Re: "Slow Roll-Outs" in general - has Zynga ever considered at least starting on a different server each time? Invariably it seems that the people on the "lower" numbered servers have access to these things long before those on the "higher" numbered servers (yes, some of us have been comparing notes.)

    If they start rolling out one event on server #2, start rolling out the next one on server #3, then server #4, etc. until they've reached the highest number then start over again. As it is, the same people have the advantage (and the same others are disadvantaged) each and every time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. To reply to the comment above - I am on Server 1 and I only received the x25 attack yesterday. I have been in Live Chat 6 times and numerous emails and nothing. I was also in Brazil Beta and could not get CS to understand that I was at a major disadvantage to other players. The rest of my Clan maxed out on Brazil building ages ago I only did it 2 days ago. Don't get me started on the Loot I have missed out on............... BTW I am level 1732 with Fight Mastery of 45 ggrrrr oh and just to top it off I don't have the fight event yet LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  25. For the people that think they should be fully mastered in fight loot, Think again. That would make the game way easier.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brazil's 5x loot drops has not been enough to convince me to fight in Brazil. The reduced rate of Victory Coin and actually getting more loot fighting in other cities has kept me away. The drop rates of FHEL4/5 are consistently pathetic in all cities and the only way to get it maxed on it is a lot of fucking stamina PERIOD! Take my 25x AWAY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.