Oct 1, 2010

Attack To Win: Extra Victory Coins

Share:

Yesterday a new feature involving Victory Coins was implemented .  Nobody was quite sure what it was.  There is a discussion thread on the Zynga Forum Boards titled Double Victory Coins in which players share their experiences with the feature thus far.  We don't get double the Victory Coins for fighting, we get an opportunity to share Victory Coins with our mafia members.  When utilized properly, both you and your mafia member will get an extra 1-100 Victory Coins for fighting.  The option to share Victory Coins will drop while you are fighting.  If you don't get a drop to share Victory Coins while fighting, check your wall for "Attack To Win!" posts.
Click on "Attack to win" and you will be directed to your fight page.
Start attacking and you will see the +2 Victory Coins are earned for a undetermined number of attacks.  You will also get the option to share more Victory Coins with another mafia member.  When you click on "Share Coins", you will generate a post which will go the wall of the mafia member that was selected by the game.
As you fight, the +2 Victory Coin message will be there on every fight, win or lose, until the extra Victory Coin run is over.  You will end up receiving up to an additional 100 Victory Coins when it is completed.  I'm not sure when the total amount of extra Victory Coins show up in your account.  You can see from the image below that only the Victory Coin I was supposed to win through normal game play was added to my balance but the extra ones weren't.  It may be that they are added at the end when all the fights are completed.
I wanted to see if this feature does what it's suppose to so I did a run on Brawler of 4,830 fights.  I chose this number because 2 days ago (before the feature was implemented) I did the same run and was able to compare the results.  I clicked on one of my Attack To Win posts before I started.  You can see by the results that I gained 88 more Victory Coins than I did during the prior run. The results are very comparable as the difference between fights won is only 7.
Some players are having problems posting when they attempt to share Victory Coins.  Don Wobbin posted the following image on the Forum Board discussion thread that I referenced above.  This is what happens if the person selected to receive the post is in your mafia but is not one of your Facebook friends.  It can also happen if the selected player does not allow friends to post on their wall.
Bmaniac, Mafia Wars Team Member responded on this thread and says that they will be looking into this problem immediately.  There isn't much Zynga will be able to do about this as it's a Facebook function.  To prevent it, they could run the feature through the Facebook request page and let us select the player to share Victory Coins with.  He also said that you are guaranteed 1-100 Victory Coins on your next attack.  Based on the little amount of time I've used this feature, I don't think it's on one specific attack but a series of attacks.  I never got anything but +2 additional Victory Coins at a time but I got the +2 Victory Coins from the same person on multiple attacks.  Please comment with you experiences with this feature.

4 comments:

  1. lol im djvita 2nd to post on the forum. this and the forum is the best source of info of MW on the net

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had this feature on my account the same day the new wars came out.
    When i click on the wall post it always gives me 5 victory coins.When it pops up in game (Read it) takes about 2 seconds to read.It says that when the other person fights ie from ur link you will get your coins.sometimes this can be straight away.hope this helps.karl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never gotten a "Share Coins" link - just this mysterious message you've described

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't figured out just how the coin accumulation works but after 45 days I've noticed this recent trend the last couple of weeks: when I get the "share" note on my fight screen, 90% of the time it is with a player who either does not play any more or avoids the fighting section of play. Looks to me like another psychological promotion trick to lure less-active players. I don't like Zynga trying to insult my intelligence like this.

    --Da Scrappy Chihuahua

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.