Aug 26, 2010

Facebook Friend Request Message

Share:

I used to get about 200-300 Friend Requests a day and noticed that lately I haven't been getting any.  I've gotten several inbox messages from people asking me to add them because they were unable to add me.  I didn't think much of it until today.  While testing out a new bookmarklet, I had removed my energy account from my Facebook Friends list.  From this account, I sent myself a FR and got the following message.  I tried a few more times and kept getting the same message. 
Because this message makes no sense, I clicked on the Help Center link to "learn more" and became even more confused.
That didn't explain anything.  My energy account wasn't blocked.  In fact, I haven't sent anybody a FR from that account in months.  I tried and was able to send other people FRs.  I was able to send my energy account a Friend Request so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Maybe I'm unable to accept new FRs but can send them out.  I had some of my family members try to send a FR from their accounts and they all got the same message.  I recently deleted some friends and have 4,768 so I'm not at the limit of 5,000.  Maybe I'm one step away from having my account disabled because I play a game on a social network!  Please comment if you know more about how this message correlates to the status of your Facebook account.

7 comments:

  1. It's just that Facebook is bitching once again they probably added geographical filters so someone ie from Europe can't add a friend from u.s. unless they have something common like another friend maybe or a network etc For the story i ve tried to add you and got the same message while i can add easy people from the same country as me or if i have a common friend!?
    in other words fb gone nonsense once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what new bookmarklet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that I have the same problem with you, I cannot add more friend anymore... facebook really suck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I sent you a Friend request and did not get that warning but yesterday tried to send fr to someone else and got the warning so probably it is just random :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is happening if you are close to the 5000 mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not the close to 5000 mark. I have under 500, yes, five HUNDRED friends and FB did this to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://lotto.zynga.com?ref=fbt&zid=31099712283&h=e5d5

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.